Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did I apply???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why did I apply???

@icyhot wrote:
Looking back on my credit spree there were sooooooo many cards I applied to and didn't need AT ALL and I'm like, wow I really took a HP for that. I'm gardening now so it's no biggie. But I can't help but think that hindered me from cards I did need and could've gotten. Ah you live and you learn. Has anyone else ever done that?

Because.

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Everyone on this forum has... There'd be fibbing if they say otherwise..

I don't regret any of my cards from my AOR.

Message 12 of 20
dledo
New Contributor

been there don that...need to be tied in the garden

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Forgive me, OP, but I don't remember your score, profile, or spree. If you have a lower to midrange score, having these cards can still be beneficial, even if you don't use them. Some people just sockdrawer unused cards, others close them, but either way, they can add some depth to your file. If you have a low score or a thin file, even useless cards can be helpful. Plus, it seems like you've started trying to figure out what each card adds to your collection, and that's invaluable. Going fowards, I trust that you'll only app for cards you need, which means you learned a good lesson without any major drawbacks. Rock on, OP!

Message 14 of 20
chwebb1
Established Contributor

I think everyone has done it at least once. Mine was the Chase Freedom. I apped for it, and was assigned an APR of 22.99% and a CL of $1200. It was completely useless to me with those terms, so I ended up closing it 3 months after apping for it (back in 2013). Some day, I'd love to get it again (if it has a lower APR and higher CL), but that will be at least 6 months from now, if not longer.

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 15 of 20
icyhot
Valued Contributor

@Petrovious I had 720s going into the spree, 680s-690s coming out. Very thick profile but AAoA was 1.7
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 16 of 20
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

I really have bad control on my urges. 

So I did the next best thing.

Big 3 CRs are all frozen.

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I froze 6 of em.
Message 18 of 20
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I froze 6 of em.

Too much faxing and mailing.

Message 19 of 20
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I froze 6 of em.

Too much faxing and mailing.

And it's kinda the opposite effect.

You really want ARS/IDA frozen when you're going to app. Like for Club Carlson Smiley Tongue

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.