Did you mean: 

Why did I get geclined from AMEX? FICO experian is a 725

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Why did I get geclined from AMEX? FICO experian is a 725

@ccoaston wrote:

HERE IS THE REASON THEY SAY THEY DECLINED ME

Amount of credit available on accounts (Experian)

--Sounds like you have one low-ish limit card. AmEx likes seeing applicants with several cards with decent limits, handled successfully. This is the first-listed reason, so it's probably the most important.

High utilization of credit lines or insufficient utilization information (Experian)

--What balance shows up on your Cap One statement, and what is the CL? (not whether you pay it off after you get the statement)

In our estimation, the amount you have paid on your bank and retail credit card accounts over the last twelve months is too low. (Experian)

--Do you carry a balance on your card? Or do you have high balances report every month, even if you then pay them off?

Ratio of the highest account balance to the sum of the balances on all accounts (Experian)

--Cap One reported util (balance divided by CL) again

HAVE ONE CAPITAL ONE CARD AND MY STUDENT LOANS WHICH IM STILL IN SCHOOL. SO I DOTN HAVE TO PAY THEM YET.

FICO SCORE IS A 725!!! AS OF 6/30/2011

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHATS GOING ON?

These are what jumped out at me.

Congrats on the Barclays approval! Smiley Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 15
daylove
Regular Contributor

Re: Why did I get declined from AMEX? FICO experience is a 725

@DI wrote:

@ccoaston wrote:

I just immediately tried and it worked. Why are Barclay people so nice and willing to raise you credit right after they gave you a CL. I just told them that I want to purchase a more expensive apple computer and they immediately raised it

It worked with AMEX?  Congrats!

I think he meant the recon with Barclays for an higher credit limit

Message 12 of 15
ccoaston
Contributor

Yea i meant AMEX....ok I have a capital one with $1000 CL that seems to be impossiable to get a limit increase.  I got this card with a $300 limit in 08. And now i have a Barclay card with 3800. Should I try to manage one more card. Got declined from AMEX. Any suggestions on a card? Or should I just manage these for a good bit?

Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 754
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
CapitalOne - 1k
Barclay - 3.8k
Chase Freedom - 2k
Citi Bank diamond perffered - 5k
Discover - 5k
Amex blue cash perffered - 2k
Message 13 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@ccoaston wrote:

Yea i meant AMEX....ok I have a capital one with $1000 CL that seems to be impossiable to get a limit increase.  I got this card with a $300 limit in 08. And now i have a Barclay card with 3800. Should I try to manage one more card. Got declined from AMEX. Any suggestions on a card? Or should I just manage these for a good bit?

I say stick with these two until you have at least 7 months of reported clean history on the Barclay's card (the newer one.) A year would be even better.

The longer you wait, the better of a deal you'll get when you do apply.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 15
ccoaston
Contributor

Thank you for the advise. I think im goign to just stick with what I have

Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 754
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
CapitalOne - 1k
Barclay - 3.8k
Chase Freedom - 2k
Citi Bank diamond perffered - 5k
Discover - 5k
Amex blue cash perffered - 2k
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.