Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did promo offers disappear? BT questions

tag
voukephalas
Established Member

Why did promo offers disappear? BT questions

I have a Bank of America Cash Rewards card with a $25k limit, of which I had a balance of about $20k. 

Yet I was still seeing an offer every time I logged in for 0% on direct deposits and balance transfers. This is the main reason I keep the card -in case of cash needs.

Instead, to take advantage of a 0% offer from Chase, I did a BT of $15,000 and now, even though the utilization on the BoA card is much lower, the promo offers have disappeared.

Now feel like I made a mistake by not just paying the card off -I'm addicted to 0% even when I can pay off the cards just to keep more cash available. 

Are balance transfers red flags for card issuers?

How can I get them to make the offers again? Would their customer support have specific information or just general advice?

Thanks for any help!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Why did promo offers disappear? BT questions

Balance transfers are not red flags most of the time. However if the lenders are able to establish a pattern out of your behavior and determine that you are simply pyramiding debt, rather than paying it off, it will be a very big issue. For most scenarios, BTs are considered as favorable.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.