cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do CC let you go over the limit!

tag
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: Why do CC let you go over the limit!

So THAT'S why my new $6700 Sallie Mae hit my report with the account info listed as:

Flexible spending credit card

Now it all makes sense!

FICO8 current as of : ----- EQ: --- TU: --- EX: ---
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 7 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $6500 Amex Delta Platinum $10,000 Care Credit $12,000
NFCU CashRewards $6000 Apple Card $2000 Best Buy $3500 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) $44k new - balance $31k/6.94%
Total CL: $45,000 --- Total CC UTI: --% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 11-30-23
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TRC_WA wrote:

So THAT'S why my new $6700 Sallie Mae hit my report with the account info listed as:

Flexible spending credit card

Now it all makes sense!

Pretty much, yes.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That is wild. I know they print lower CL cards on the same WMC stock, but I didn't think it would come with the perks. When I got my Double Cash (2.5K starting CL)  it was on the WMC stock but I didn't get the WMC pamphlet. When they CLI'd me to 12.5K I received the WMC literature so I just assumed it was a fixed CL before and now it is flexible over limit. 

To check whether there is really a "revolving credit line" (flexible spending) NPSL log in to the Citi web site and go to the account and it will say "available revolving credit line". If it says: "available credit" it is a fixed credit limit. Generally Citi does not issue cards with the first six digits 5424 -18xx-xxxx-xxxx master cards with revolving credit limits. Note, generally they don't.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.