cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do people care so much when issuer closes or declines an account?

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Why do people care so much when issuer closes or declines an account?

It would be all about rewards for me. If I lost rewards, I'd be pissed.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 21 of 24
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

It would be all about rewards for me. If I lost rewards, I'd be pissed.

+1000

I say this because most of us only apply for cards with some type of reward or BT offer which is what these companies know and thus they offer them to us.

Otherwise that card would just sit there with no one applying for them so they market these offers to us hoping to lure us to there specific product thus increasing there PROFITS.

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 22 of 24
jritch
New Contributor

This message board is not a sample nor microcosm of how the general public views credit card brands. In my different social circles, the topic of finances never leads to someone gushing about how they were approved by Amex or Chase. I would venture to guess that most people don't think twice about their cards or credit health on a daily or weekly basis.

This is a very niche forum of those that are super interested in credit cards: advice, war stories, innovations, design, etc...

Count me as obsessed Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 24
Open123
Super Contributor

@jritch wrote:

This is a very niche forum of those that are super interested in credit cards: advice, war stories, innovations, design, etc...

Count me as obsessed Smiley Happy

Me too!

I enjoy this hobby and trying to maximize the value of rewards points.  It's so much fun--sort of my Sunday crossword puzzle thing.

I asked someone in RL (who recently got the CSP for the bonus) if she were enjoying using her new card.  Her reply was, "What?  I don't see what there is to enjoy.  I need to pay it back."  It was utter and sheer indifference.  The only thing that mattered was she had to use it, pay it, and then collect her rewards.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.