Why do people 'spree'

tag
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: Why do people 'spree'

@longtimelurker wrote:

@elim wrote:

the 2 year outcome...

someone who does a spree has a better AAoA and less inquiries(0) in 2 years than someone who spread the apps out over that same 2 year period.

Right, but within those two years, they have more inqs than they would have if they spread them out.

True but Me myself will be Inq free by September 2016 versus a never ending inq's for years. I am not planning on buying a house or car any time soon so Getting through all the apps possible now and be app free in the future can have it's advantages 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 11 of 12
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: Why do people 'spree'

@longtimelurker wrote:

@elim wrote:

the 2 year outcome...

someone who does a spree has a better AAoA and less inquiries(0) in 2 years than someone who spread the apps out over that same 2 year period.

Right, but within those two years, they have more inqs than they would have if they spread them out.

yes, i'm actually spreading mine out. i think it looks better to the lender (and i am very new to this so no one should take my advice). i plan on getting a card or 2 as i need them. i'm not stressing my rebuild at all Smiley Happy just paying my debt and happily inching my way forward. i went from making near 100k overseas to 32k here and enjoying my vacation from the stress while living in a small town in the great lakes area. in a year or 2 i'm going to move and jump back in and will be much more responsible in my financial decisions. today i'm going to title my new race boat and get ready for a little fun while i garden. weeeeeeee :]

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.