Did you mean: 

Why do you like Discover?

tag
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Re: Why do you like Discover?

Love Discover.

+1 for ShopDiscover.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 11 of 42
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

One of the best website to manage account online, iPhone / iPad application probably the best, card design, customer service, rewards structure all one of the best.

Conservative credit limit policy is the only thing I don't like about Discover.
Message 12 of 42
DaniBananiie
Established Contributor

I love Discover because of the awesome CS, they option to let you redeem your cash back during checkout on Amazon, Shop Discover is awesome, and the rotating categories.
 photo IT_REDDAISY_zps2c12a8e3.gif
Message 13 of 42
RnJ
Contributor

5% categories/ShopDiscover, excellent customer service (chat is awesome), and easy navigation on website.  In this era, customer service is at the top of my list and Discover delivers.

Message 14 of 42
JeffM
Contributor

1. Great CS (though I haven't had "bad" CS experiences)

2. Auto CLIs (only lender other than WF who's done that for me - and much more frequent than WF)

3. ShopDiscover (even though it only works half the time)

4. Great website and smartphone apps

5. 5% bonus for online shopping during the holiday season

6. Free FICO score

Wells Fargo Cash Back - $2400 || Bank of America Cash Rewards - $5000 || Discover IT - $5000 || American Express BCE - $15000

FICO TU - 769
Message 15 of 42
negg
Frequent Contributor

Almost forgot, discover has my alma matter Nebraska for a card design.  +10000 just for that. 

CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 16 of 42
amakol
Regular Contributor

I don't. They're okay. 5% categories are hit or miss - the online shopping one is incredible though. Their ShopDiscover gave me all of 6 bucks extra cash back when I booked $1400+ in hotels through it for a supposed extra 5%, so done with that experience. Plus they haven't given me an auto CLI in 4 years.

One part where they were surprisingly useful - went to Italy last year. Managed to pay for 1/3 of my trip (bookings + restaurants + tickets, etc) using Diner's Club. No joke. I didn't have a 0% FTF Visa/MC then, still don't, so I always tried to use the Discover first and see if it went through.

EQ 740 FICO, 4 INQ | EX 736 FICO, 5 INQ | TU 745 FICO, 5 INQ | CL $175K | AAOA 4 Years
Message 17 of 42
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@clocktick wrote:

Why do you like Discover?

I agree they have nice CSRs but I haven't had the best experience with them.  Also, when I travel abroad, 99% of the places I try to use it do not accept it. 

I'm thinking of closing them when I'm done paying off their BT offer.

Mine is in the SD due to no CLI without a HP. 

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 18 of 42
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@enharu wrote:
Shopdiscover feature.

That feature alone makes the card worthwhile. They do provide 5-10% more cashback for certain merchants compared to other cashback / bonus miles portals.

Shopdiscover, plus 5% all online shopping 4Q 2013.

I used to like it for restaurants as well, but I have multiple US Bank Cash+ cards, so that category is always covered now.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 19 of 42
randeman
Frequent Contributor

Excellent customer service!

Experian Score: 689--Amex 27 July 2014; Equifax Score 680--MyFICO--17 September 2014; TransUnion Score 718-Discover 20 August 2014--PUH-RAISE JESUS, I finally broke 700!!! Cards and Credit Lines: Escape by Discover, Chase Freedom Signature Visa, Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Signature Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa, Barclay's Holland America Visa, Citibank Custom Credit Line, Paypal Custom Connect Credit Line, Bloomingdale's, Macy's Premier Elite, Amazon Store Card, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Discover It, Gold Delta SkyMiles from American Express, PayPal BML.
Message 20 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.