Re: Why do you like Discover?

@Stralem wrote:
  1. Helpful customer service
  2. Cash back at the register
  3. Largely useful rotating categories
  4. Lots account managment options
  5. SP CLIs every three months

+1

Totally forgot about cash back at the register! I love that SO much!

Last App: 12/25/2013
TU: 743 (Discover) Ex: 718 (CS) Goal: 760+ Across All
Gardening Until 6/25/14+
Message 41 of 42
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

Re: Why do you like Discover?

@Open123 wrote:

@efranklin23 wrote:

@blondy250 wrote:
The free FICO. The customer service is no better then Chase or Citibank, and inferior to Amex (different customer service based on card). I like the bonus categories as well, I just wish they didn't overlap Chase so much.

Considering the fact that I was a Chase customer for almost 3 years, their CSR is horrible! Even Cap1 is better than theirs. But it depends on where you live and what account you have with them perhaps

Chase, at least from my experience, seems to have tired CSRs.  

When I call with my Ink or CSP (Sapphire) numbers, I always get very competent US based reps; however, when I call with my Freedom's number, I have gotten the foreign reps.  The US reps, at least with Chase and in my experience, are considerably better.

This could be true. I never call the Freedom reps, I only call the CSP number and just get assistance from them. I love chase CSR's

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 42 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.