cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do you need so many credit cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why do you need so many credit cards?

I just crave the excitement and anxiety that comes from watching the little ball spin while waiting for the results of an app. Come to think of it, it's been a while since my last fix; which would explain why I'm feeling a little shaky.

Message 61 of 80
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
i just have old cards i don't use because they don't offer anything. there were no sign up bonuses or spend bonuses and they are pretty useless so i just don't use them. seems pretty simple to me. if you outgrow something then why use it.

Perfect example above^^^^^^^^^^^^

So as you stated 'they are pretty useless so I don't use them" 

After a year and the bonus has been collected in some cases not all I have no further use for the card.

Does that make me a bad person because I profited instead of the bank? Not at all ....makes me smart Smiley Tongue

Being honest and everyone knows I tell it like it is....Smiley Surprised 

I hear people say get 2-3 cards and put all spend on those to max cashback/points which is fine if it works for you ....certain cards I put certain things on all year.myself...food, gas, purchase protection items

However since some of us are labeled churners.....well this year I collected $2650 in bonuses (thus far) not counting what I got for spending so this is what works for me...

May not work for others but hey I'm a firm believer to each his/her own 

Ideally I look for a card with a nice bonus that serves a long term purpose but if it doesn't have long term options but short term has great potential ....

I'm all over it ....YMMV tho 

Edit typo

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 62 of 80
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

I churn and burn ....

Message 63 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

why did you ask if that makes you a bad person? who says it makes someone a bad person?
Message 64 of 80
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
why did you ask if that makes you a bad person? who says it makes someone a bad person?

Well, yfan might say that it makes you a bad person!  Or, if not necessarily a bad person,, someone  indulging in behavior that should be stopped as it reduces rewards for all.

Message 65 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

i say do whatever is best for you financially regardless of what it is. not maximizing on rewards rather it's spend bonus or whatever because it may limit the further continuations of such programs is like saying since i don't overdraw my account and pay fees to my bank then that makes all bank accounts cost money. sorry but i am not ever gonna put myself in financial issues because of banks lol. we love them more than they love us
Message 66 of 80
Open123
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

After a year and the bonus has been collected in some cases not all I have no further use for the card.

Does that make me a bad person because I profited instead of the bank? Not at all ....makes me smart Smiley Tongue

On these forums, there's widespread sympathy for those who app, say, for 13 14 useless cards, and SD half of them; but, if the same person who gotten a bonus associated with said apps, the sentiment instantly transforms into antipathy.

This is what I characterize as...er..."intellectual inconsistency" and being "factually disingenuous."

Message 67 of 80
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

On these forums, there's widespread sympathy for those who app, say, for 13 14 useless cards, and SD half of them; but, if the same person who gotten a bonus associated with said apps, the sentiment instantly transforms into antipathy.

This is what I characterize as...er..."intellectual inconsistency" and being "factually disingenuous."

Correct and I don't understand the thinking 

Person A doesn't use for X reason 

(Me) Person B collected X profit and don't use it now 

Shrugs oh well ...Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 68 of 80
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
i say do whatever is best for you financially regardless of what it is. not maximizing on rewards rather it's spend bonus or whatever because it may limit the further continuations of such programs is like saying since i don't overdraw my account and pay fees to my bank then that makes all bank accounts cost money. sorry but i am not ever gonna put myself in financial issues because of bankslol. we love them more than they love us

This reminds me of the 'pleas' months ago to "please do not call the EO for <fill in the blank>". 

While in theory it's a reasonable request, it's a bit naïve to expect strangers to pass up the possibility of attaining something (especially financial) for the idea that it will "help the whole" to not do so.

Message 69 of 80
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
i just have old cards i don't use because they don't offer anything. there were no sign up bonuses or spend bonuses and they are pretty useless so i just don't use them. seems pretty simple to me. if you outgrow something then why use it.

You are attracted to what is useless to begin with? No wonder you get tired of it so quickly, lol.

Message 70 of 80
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.