New Visitor

Why does AMEX want me to fill out a 4506-T?

AMEX abruptly suspending charging out our Gold charge card and is making my wife and I fill out a 4506-T? Our account manager is very vague as to why; and won't accept copies of recent bank statements or pay stubs. When I filed our taxes last year I made about 48k; since that time I've received a significant raise and married. Our income this year has increased substantially, into the low 6 digits - which is what i listed for "current household income" on the pre-approval app.

Why are they doing this? Is this just a bunch of red tape before they close our account? If they compare our current spending with our "official" income last year of 48k; they probably will close the account. Sounds like a bunch of BS.  Our "account manager" acts like I lied on our app; but I just listed our current household income.  Now what?
The account is one year old and we have never made a late payment

How do I prove our current income to Amex when they're only looking at our past returns? This is the part I don't understand  I emailed AMEX today; but just received a simple reply to contact my account manager.

Established Contributor

Re: Why does AMEX want me to fill out a 4506-T?

I just got out of a FR which is what its called (Financial Review). As long as you explain the situation with you making more money this year youll probably be ok. Your previous years income is not bad so I wouldnt think they would close you. They might set a spending limit on your account which is what they did to me. Just means you can only spend a set amount each month. Sorry you got FR'd. It sucks.

Established Contributor

Re: Why does AMEX want me to fill out a 4506-T?

That form gives them permission to review your tax returns. This is a common practice of Amex.

Unfortunately, the account will remain suspended unless you comply.

UM

Equifax Fico 785 as of 01/18/2012
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.