Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Amex hate me so

tag
Mellon
Established Contributor

Re: Why does Amex hate me so

if you don't see what's so special why do you want it so badly?...trust me I know how you feel though.. as I am the same way with CITI...they won't give me anything

Message 11 of 20
penguin11
Valued Member

Does anyone know if AMEX would forgive and grant credit for an account that was IIB, and PIF after it was discharged?

Message 12 of 20
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

@Mellon wrote:

if you don't see what's so special why do you want it so badly?...trust me I know how you feel though.. as I am the same way with CITI...they won't give me anything

+ 1 Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@penguin11 wrote:

Does anyone know if AMEX would forgive and grant credit for an account that was IIB, and PIF after it was discharged?

Some folks have reported success but only if the debt was satisfied, especially COs.  However, the span of time where AMEX opens the approval gates would vary by individual and it's at their sole discretion.

Message 14 of 20
unlucky_hove
Regular Contributor

@Mellon wrote:

I knew a comment like this was coming lol. Honestly i just want a card from every major lender (dont ask me why). I must admit the 6% cash back on supermarkets and 3% on gas is pretty sweet too.

Message 15 of 20
enharu
Super Contributor

The judgement and multiple lates on your profiles are hurting you. Also just to be sure, you never burned Amex before, right?

How much CL did citi and chase start you at?
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 16 of 20
unlucky_hove
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

Amex feels special to me.  No way USAA Amex benefits compare to Centurion Bank Amex.

+1

For my lifestyle they do. When reading the fine print im afforded the same protection on both cards not to mention the rewards are better. I dont travel alot so i dont care about the upgrades and so on so forth. Am i missing something?

Message 17 of 20
unlucky_hove
Regular Contributor

@enharu wrote:
The judgement and multiple lates on your profiles are hurting you. Also just to be sure, you never burned Amex before, right?

How much CL did citi and chase start you at?

I have never had an Amex account (other than wifes AU). Citi 3k, CSP 5K, CS 5K.

Also, from what i can remember about past denials form Amex they never mention major derogs as a reason. A few reasons i can remember are util to high, accounts associated with high risk lenders (credit one), too many inq, and to many new accounts. They seem to change every application

Message 18 of 20
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@penguin11 wrote:

Some people have reported that they've been able to get back in after paying off old accounts ~ occasionally someone will report getting back in even with an old unpaid account.   YMMV.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 19 of 20
penguin11
Valued Member

Thanks, my account was discharged in BK, paid it off, will wait and see if AMEX will approve me.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.