cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does BOA even HAVE online live help???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why does BOA even HAVE online live help???

I asked what kinds of scores they generally looked for before I applied and got this;

"We will not know if you are approved until you submit your application. The decision is based on your credit history as well as the application information you provide."
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
aftermath
Established Contributor

Re: Why does BOA even HAVE online live help???

nyccc2 wrote:
I asked what kinds of scores they generally looked for before I applied and got this;

"We will not know if you are approved until you submit your application. The decision is based on your credit history as well as the application information you provide."

Overseas robots!
American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is all the online reps can (and or will) commit to saying.  If they say a certain score (which you have) and then you get denied ... well you know what happens from there.  Plus, people can have higher scores with derogs and negative imformation on their report. What I can tell you is if for some reason you get denied, they are pretty easy to reconn with. I was approved on my first reconn call - others have had to call back 2-3 times. However, it does work with BofA.

nyccc2 wrote:

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

haha I was opening a checking account for the free $75 bonus and asked if it was a hard or soft pull and all I got from the online people was "we access your credit profile when opening an account"

information overload for us lol
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
haha I was opening a checking account for the free $75 bonus and asked if it was a hard or soft pull and all I got from the online people was "we access your credit profile when opening an account"

information overload for us lol

Not sure if you already opened the account or not, but they only do a soft pull.
Message 5 of 6
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I don't think the chat is with an actual person. I think it is keyword recognition software. That's why it can paste a 4 paragraph response to something in less than a second.
Here we go again...
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.