cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does GE Capital/Synchrony hate me???

tag
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Re: Why does GE Capital/Synchrony hate me???

Thanks for sharing your experience Cold. Hopefully I have as much luck with CLI's as you have

Message 21 of 30
capitalkid
Regular Contributor

There really are many idiosyncrasies with underwriters arent there?  Stop and take a breath, these accounts will grow and even though the BK was in 2009 the fact that discharge just happened a year or so ago is probably a key factor.  who knows their algorithms, but I'd look to that as something that may be impeding your growth.  

I have a Citi account that was like this for EONS, seriously no rhym or reason really, all I could figure was its my BK and age.  So I got approved for a Sears Charge Card in Jan 2011, 6 years post BK.  I had 5 established lines(subprime albeit) with AAOA 5 years.  Thats when i found this board.  I realized i had been sitting waiting for my accounts to grow and they were not designed to be growth accounts. I felt so sheepish.  Anyway, so my first App was for Sears Charge, I got  the 30 day message and 30 days later  I got the card with a CL of 1050.00.  That same day I apped for JCP and got it with a 200$ starting line.  JCP has graduated, however no matter who I called at Sears, or how many times I hot the CLI button it was always a NO. Always, so I did up this letter to have the account closed out this past Feb 2014, and hit the CLI button 1 more time, it went from 1050.00-4000.00 in 1 day.  In April they auto CLI me another 600.00 on a soft pull from EX.  In the meantime JCP has had steady growth. 

Just focus your efforts on the cards you can get to grow for now and come back later after some time has passed.  It took me great restraint to not shut sears down last year, but I just decided to wait it out, I've already put the time in, you have a higher CL on your carecredit card than I have, and more recent BK discharge, so count your lucky stars and dont cut your nose off to spite your face just take a break from worrying about  it.  

good luck

Message 22 of 30
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

Most have had luck with GECRB Credit solutions in the back door numbers.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Backdoor-Numbers/m-p/408066

Except me. Remember? Smiley Wink

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 23 of 30
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@TRC_WA wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

Most have had luck with GECRB Credit solutions in the back door numbers.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Backdoor-Numbers/m-p/408066

When I said "I am repeatedly denied when I try for a CLI online and over the phone" I was talking about India Credit Solutions.

GE either likes you or they don't...  For me I got tired of getting denied and receiving a letter in the mail stating reasons like "too many inquiries" and a credit report date from a previous SP 4-6 months ago.

It's beyond stupid and I gave up trying to figure them out.  As said, I'm focusing my efforts and business elsewhere.

I don't blame you!!!   For some reason, they like me...not sure why, but in the past I had apped with BoA on 2 different occasions within more than 2 years...denied both times.  I pretty much gave up on them.  They aren't the end all-be all.  I took my business elsewhere.

There's no telling why some companies either love you or hate you.  2 people with similar profiles & scores & one can be approved & another denied over & over.

No rhyme or reason....

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 24 of 30
IamB2
Established Contributor

I had applied for the amazon store card back in December, I think it was, and was approved for a $700 CL. I used it for anywhere between 70-90 and finally the 4th statement cut last month, and they increased my limit to $1900 without even asking. I always paid in full immediately after the payments posted on the account. I tried to request another CLI this month and was denied with a reason "Not enough experience at current limit"

So for me, it's been working ok.

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 25 of 30
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Cold is right about trying backdoor numbers, usually you will have better success then sp from website. For me i was able to get sp cli via phone after i got denied via website. I didn't ask for an whole lot, but i got what i wanted. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use a third party provider to monitor my credit and balances on my account. Synchrony is the only bank that does not allow this provider access to my account. When I contacted their customer service, this is the response I received: "At this time, we do not provide access to Synchrony Bank account(s) via these third-party tools. Please know that protecting any personal information provided to us is one of our primary objectives, and we continue to work closely with these third-party service providers to ensure they meet data security standards and are fully compliant with regulatory requirements before enabling these sites to access your account details."

I have accounts with four of the top ten largest market share credit card issuers. They sync fine with my credit monitor company. Synchrony is a farce if they think that their standards are any higher than the other companies that hold 98.7% of the market share.

And when presented with my issue, their customer service instructed me to send a fax or a letter. They refused to direct a manager speak to me. Lowes should sever all business ties with this company.

Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Synchrony is a farce if they think that their standards are any higher than the other companies that hold 98.7% of the market share.

And when presented with my issue, their customer service instructed me to send a fax or a letter. They refused to direct a manager speak to me. Lowes should sever all business ties with this company.

From what I can tell, it's not because they don't want to; it's because they aren't technologically there yet.

Synchrony still hasn't even gotten to the point where you can manage multiple accounts through the same site yet.  Their browser cookies conflict with one another as well.

Synchrony IT is behind the times, my guess is they are trying to rebuild their data infrastructure but they're just not there yet.

Message 28 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

don't feel bad I am treated the same way have a perfect credit history as far as one time payments go, Capital one increased my credit limit without me asking, Comenity I have a few cards through ,but synchrony forget them

Message 29 of 30
skigirl916
Established Contributor

IME actually using the cards - not sockdrawering them - and carrying a balance that you pay down (like making a large-ish purchase, and then paying it off over 3-4 months) is the quickest way to get CLIs on GE cards.

Walmart gives them to me automatically and when I hit the love button, every few months.  Same with Banana.  I expect the same to happen with Lowe's when I get that one.

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.