cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does GE Capital/Synchrony hate me???

tag
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: Why does GE Capital/Synchrony hate me???

@coldnmn wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

If you didn't notice GECRB credit solutions is different than GE Money Bank credit solutions / underwriters.

... and probably equally as worthless.

There have been a lot of people that have success calling GECRB Credit Solutions. If you use my information or not matters little to me. Just trying to help.

Not a prob.

... I'm just pointing out that calling India Credit Solutions is not the be all end all answer.  Everyone says to call them and they'll give you the world on a platter and that just isn't the case.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 11 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@TRC_WA wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

If you didn't notice GECRB credit solutions is different than GE Money Bank credit solutions / underwriters.

There have been a lot of people that have success calling GECRB Credit Solutions. If you use my information or not matters little to me. Just trying to help.

Not a prob.

... I'm just pointing out that calling India Credit Solutions is not the be all end all answer.  Everyone says to call them and they'll give you the world on a platter and that just isn't the case.

It's always a YMMV.  However, GE is forgiving of past credit histories by approving low 600's CS. That doesn't mean they are as forgiving in granting CLI's to those same profiles.  If your history is free of baddies, your chances increase. Recently discharged bks, paid CA's and/or 2 year old late pyts may have to wait on the CLI's from GE. 

Also, their criteria for granting CLI's is pretty simple :

1 wait 4 billing stmnts

2 sp clis

3 min usage

Also, its just Credit Solutions, India is not part of their name. 

Message 12 of 30
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@TRC_WA wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

Not a prob.

I never said they would give you the world on a platter. I said people had more success calling GECRB Credit Solutions than calling the other numbers. In some cases it wont matter what number you call it all depends on the credit file. Sometimes the only way to get a CLI is to have baddies age. Credit is a journey not a race.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 13 of 30
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

It's always a YMMV.  However, GE is forgiving of past credit histories by approving low 600's CS. That doesn't mean they are as forgiving in granting CLI's to those same profiles.  If your history is free of baddies, your chances increase. Recently discharged bks, paid CA's and/or 2 year old late pyts may have to wait on the CLI's from GE. 

1 wait 4 billing stmnts

2 sp clis

3 min usage

I have a baddie... a Ch 13 filed in 2009 and discharged in 2013.  I have no lates, no collections... no charge offs... nothing.  I was actually current when I filed.  At any rate, it doesn't matter.

I've waited 4 billing statements (8-10 actually)... have used their cards every month... $100 or so on the gas cards.. carried a $200-500 balance on Care Credit, and have used Walmart for anywhere from $100-$200 a month after carrying a $300 balance twice for the first 6 months I had the card.

All cards are PIF, all are currently a $0 balance.  It's the same usage and PIF every month like it has been... and my most recent CLI denial included a letter from a credit report SP dated FOUR MONTHS AGO.  This was AFTER I called for a recon! 

Can anyone else see my frustration with GE?  There are people on here with scores 40 points lower and have a BR as well that are getting more love than the measly $100  I got a few months back from Walmart.

THAT'S why I have nothing good to say about GE.  Of course it's YMMV, and my profile is arguably better than a lot of the people on here who are getting their CLI's.  I'm not getting mine from GE... but I have gotten $500 from CapOne, $1000 from Barclay and $1500 from BECU recently so I will continue to focus my efforts on other lenders because for whatever reason they seem to like me a lot more than GE.

My bad about the India thing... every time I call them I get some foreign call center.  Smiley Surprised

@coldnmn wrote:

Credit is a journey not a race.

I knew that.  Your statement might actually apply to my argument if my accounts with GE were fresh... but they are all 8-10 months old and this "4 month CLI" that everyone speaks of hasn't happened.

Done talking about it because in the end I could care less.  I'll continue to PIF and soak up the utilization.  I'm not going to carry a $400 balance with Walmart just to get a $100 increase.  Been there, done that.  They can keep it.

Every time I talk about it I just get aggravated... it's not worth the stress.  Smiley Very Happy

NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Message 14 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@TRC_WA wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

1 wait 4 billing stmnts

2 sp clis

3 min usage

I have a baddie... a Ch 13 filed in 2009 and discharged in 2013.  I have no lates, no collections... no charge offs... nothing.  I was actually current when I filed.  At any rate, it doesn't matter.

I've waited 4 billing statements (8-10 actually)... have used their cards every month... $100 or so on the gas cards.. carried a $200-500 balance on Care Credit, and have used Walmart for anywhere from $100-$200 a month after carrying a $300 balance twice for the first 6 months I had the card.

All cards are PIF, all are currently a $0 balance.  It's the same usage and PIF every month like it has been... and my most recent CLI denial included a letter from a credit report SP dated FOUR MONTHS AGO.  This was AFTER I called for a recon! 

Can anyone else see my frustration with GE?  There are people on here with scores 40 points lower and have a BR as well that are getting more love than the measly $100  I got a few months back from Walmart.

THAT'S why I have nothing good to say about GE.  Of course it's YMMV, and my profile is arguably better than a lot of the people on here who are getting their CLI's.  I'm not getting mine from GE... but I have gotten $500 from CapOne, $1000 from Barclay and $1500 from BECU recently so I will continue to focus my efforts on other lenders because for whatever reason they seem to like me a lot more than GE.

My bad about the India thing... every time I call them I get some foreign call center.  Smiley Surprised

@coldnmn wrote:

Credit is a journey not a race.

I knew that.  Your statement might actually apply to my argument if my accounts with GE were fresh... but they are all 8-10 months old and this "4 month CLI" that everyone speaks of hasn't happened.

Done talking about it because in the end I could care less.  I'll continue to PIF and soak up the utilization.  I'm not going to carry a $400 balance with Walmart just to get a $100 increase.  Been there, done that.  They can keep it.

Every time I talk about it I just get aggravated... it's not worth the stress.  Smiley Very Happy

@Unfortunately, the bk is a major derog and it's recent.  From the cc's in your siggy, GE has been generous with your CL's. Care Credit @$7500 plus the others is more than some.  You also have to consider your total exposure with them- perhaps yours is less than $10k until your bk ages. 

Message 15 of 30
bk510
Valued Contributor

@roxxor wrote:

So I am beyong frustrated to the point with GE Capital(now Synchrony) that in my mind I want to just shred my cards and never do business with them again. Smiley Mad 

Venting aside, I for the life of me cannot figure out what is keeping me from getting a CLI on any of my GE cards, ever... and I do mean ever. I have had the cards for around 2 years each, some more, some less. Not once have I received a CLI on any of them, either auto or manual request. I usually PIF if I even use the cards, mostly they are sock-drawered. However, I have read that you need to let at least 4 statements post with a balance, so recently I had been letting them cut with a small balance. My Amazon card had several months post with a balance, yet never any love.  The "final straw" that happened last week was that my Wal-Mart card finally had a 4th statement cut with a balance, so I tried the luv button, no luck. Called in, and as is usual with the backdoor number for the "GE underwriters", they have no clue what I mean by a manual review and just go with what the computer tells them. So yet again, I am stuck at $150.00 on a card I have had for over a year now, which is the lowest of my TL's. People complain about Capital One being stingy, but I've had more love from them than any other cardholder, including a random $1k CLI in February.

My profile is not the best, but not the worst. Transunion from their soft pull at the end of May was 671, I'm just at 5 years post BK, had a 30 day late on an auto payment a year and a half ago, but no other baddies. Always pay more than minimum due on my cards, no inquiries in the last 6 months, and while I have a couple cards with util around 85%, my overall util is around 40%. AAoA is about 3 years. In contrast, a family member continually gets CLI's on their GE cards, yet they have a significantly higher dollar amount of debt as well as around 90% overall util. with several cards at or near max each month.

Is there some "great secret" I'm missing as to why they won't toss me a bone? I'm just frustrated that no matter how I seem to use their cards, or not use them, I can't get anything from them, even after years of being a cardholder.

I'm going on a yr now on my GE's.......Same here.

Wally statement cuts 5.........amazon statement cuts 9. on mine.

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 16 of 30
bk510
Valued Contributor

@TRC_WA wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

Most have had luck with GECRB Credit solutions in the back door numbers.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Backdoor-Numbers/m-p/408066

When I said "I am repeatedly denied when I try for a CLI online and over the phone" I was talking about India Credit Solutions.

GE either likes you or they don't...  For me I got tired of getting denied and receiving a letter in the mail stating reasons like "too many inquiries" and a credit report date from a previous SP 4-6 months ago.

It's beyond stupid and I gave up trying to figure them out.  As said, I'm focusing my efforts and business elsewhere.

+1000

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 17 of 30
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@Unfortunately, the bk is a major derog and it's recent.  From the cc's in your siggy, GE has been generous with your CL's. Care Credit @$7500 plus the others is more than some.  You also have to consider your total exposure with them- perhaps yours is less than $10k until your bk ages. 

You could be on to something... 

I haven't thought about it like that until now, but I could very well be at the max with them ($9200 current CL total).  BECU actually told me that earlier today when I requested an increase from $7k to $10k... they countered with $8500 and said I was at the current max unsecured amount given my history.  (The loan officer also said I could probably get the other $1500 in another 6 months.)

No worries... I already said I was done requesting CLI's from GE and this is just another reason not to.  I'm maxxed out with them!  Hahah

As for my BK I thought it was aged pretty well already.  It was discharged 13 months ago... and it falls off my CR in 22 months... April 2016.  The perk of a 13 vs a 7... falls off your report 3 years earlier.

Message 18 of 30
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Just one last FYI. I started with a $700 Walmart store card 3 1/2 years ago many times I pushed the love button and got no. I left a small balance each month and tried every 4 months. Once my baddies except my paid state lien aged and eventually aged off I started getting more yes. I am 100% disabled and my net income is $25000. This year they have given me $6700 in CLI between all their cards and all their cards for me total my yearly net income. So age and responsible use pays off. I have never called anyone for a CLI. I just shared information I have read in the plus 250k posts I have read. My paid state tax lien falls off 10/2016.

edit: logged in posts read 250288 

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 19 of 30
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

This might sound silly, but maybe emphasize that you are planning to make some big purchases at Walmart in the future, and the low CL is holding you back. I stressed that I buy family groceries every week at WM,  to get approved for the Walmart Discover yesterday. Tell them you want to buy a Laptop etc.... Worth a Try

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.