Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does everyone think the Ge backdoor number is so great

tag
DBSH
New Contributor

Why does everyone think the Ge backdoor number is so great

This is my second attempt to call them with absolutely nothing for my Amazon store card. The only CLI I have gotten was about fourtmonths ago and it was the automatic CLI for a garbage $250. I do get to speak to a person but it just seems that they click a button and it says yes or no. No ands ifs or buts about it. I understand that my report is far from spotless, but I have been making an effort to clear it up and am not asking for some prime card with some ungodly credit limit. It's a store card!

Am I not saying something I should be saying? Am I calling the wrong backdoor number?

BofA Cash Rewards: $15,000; Capital One Quicksilver: $9,000; Discover IT $15,000; Amex BCE: $15,000. Barclaycard Ring $12,000; Amazon $5000:
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Why does everyone think the Ge backdoor number is so great

@DBSH wrote:

This is my second attempt to call them with absolutely nothing for my Amazon store card. The only CLI I have gotten was about fourtmonths ago and it was the automatic CLI for a garbage $250. I do get to speak to a person but it just seems that they click a button and it says yes or no. No ands ifs or buts about it. I understand that my report is far from spotless, but I have been making an effort to clear it up and am not asking for some prime card with some ungodly credit limit. It's a store card!

Am I not saying something I should be saying? Am I calling the wrong backdoor number?

Sorry to hear I have 2 questions

What reason are you telling them you want the increase and what number are you calling?

GE Moneybank: 866-519-6441 (Credit Analyst/Credit Solutions)

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 26
tcrutchf
Valued Member

I have to agree with you. I have tried a few times and had no success. My GE cards are all over a year old and never a CLI! My util was always high before I started learning so much about credit on here. Now that I have my util down and my scores are higher, I'm hoping they start sending me some love!

Chapter 13 Discharge - October 27, 2021
Current FICO 8 scores: Experian-689 Equifax-676 TransUnion-656
Message 3 of 26
DBSH
New Contributor

I called the same exact number. They never asked me why I wanted an increase. My util is usually under 10% and never over 15%. 

Maybe I just have high expectations because everyone thread on here is "I called the GE backdoor number and I got a free house, 2 cars and an extra $50k a year"

It is a little absurd that I recently got an offer for unsecure card (my first unsecured offer) with a okay limit thats bigger than GE

BofA Cash Rewards: $15,000; Capital One Quicksilver: $9,000; Discover IT $15,000; Amex BCE: $15,000. Barclaycard Ring $12,000; Amazon $5000:
Message 4 of 26
jennylocha
Regular Contributor

@DBSH wrote:

That number does work....most of the time with me it is what you are telling them. I usually tell them that I am trying to purchase something expensive and that my credit limit is not only too low, but I don't want to use up most of my credit limit with the intended purchase. So far that has worked with Wal-Mart, Kohls (CapOne), Lowes and Macys. Another thing is your scores have to be a bit higher as well, its usually easier to get this done when your report does not show anything crazy and the scores are on the mid to high 600s. Again, this is my own personal experience so maybe its just me.

Be agressive but nice, sound knowledgeable and use credit buzz words that usually helps. If your UTL is too high that might also be a red flag for them as well.

Current Score: TU 671 / EQ 675 / EX 682
Goal Score: 700 Club Across the board!

Message 5 of 26
eviLution
Established Contributor

I've only had my Walmart CC for 6 months and it went from 800>2000>5000. My CR is spotless and all my scores are in the 700's though.

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 6 of 26
myjourney
Super Contributor

@DBSH wrote:

I called the same exact number. They never asked me why I wanted an increase. My util is usually under 10% and never over 15%. 

Maybe I just have high expectations because everyone thread on here is "I called the GE backdoor number and I got a free house, 2 cars and an extra $50k a year"

It is a little absurd that I recently got an offer for unsecure card (my first unsecured offer) with a okay limit thats bigger than GE

Lol....Okkkkkkkkkkkkk

Try this tomorrow call the number and say I'm going to make a large purchase and would like to request a CLi because I don't want to have my card maxed out and hurting my UTL and scores. 

Cant see you current limit right now in this screen but when asked ask for 4,000 they will ask several questions and either deny or counter

Good luck 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 7 of 26
DBSH
New Contributor

They say they manually review the file and put you on hold for 90 seconds. Where everyone else that "manually reviews" the file takes five or more minutes. They pull TU which is my highest score in the 660 range. I will just use my other cards on amazon.com instead of this one. 

Message 8 of 26
DBSH
New Contributor

I will call tomorrow again, but so far every call has left an unpleasant taste in my mouth

Message 9 of 26
myjourney
Super Contributor

@DBSH wrote:

I will call tomorrow again, but so far every call has left an unpleasant taste in my mouth

Be nice, friendly etc etc 

My walmart just cut 4th statement told them I needed tires cost of which was $1500 said didn't want my UTL and score all messed up due to this purchase....blah blah blah 

asked for CLI from 1,000 to 5,000 approved

They need a reason to justify giving you $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ think about it.

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.