Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does everyone think the Ge backdoor number is so great

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Why does everyone think the Ge backdoor number is so great

Call Credit Solutions 877-379-8173. Util is important ESP if your CS are low. In my experience usage was not important.
Message 11 of 26
oscar_actuary
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Try this tomorrow call the number and say I'm going to make a large purchase ....

Even if it's a lie ?

FICO EX 827, 2015 Feb; FICO EQ 836/900 (Citi), 2014 Dec; FICO TU08 818, 2015 Feb.

BofA Cash Rwrds Sig V 2013 10k; Fidelity Rewards AmEx /BofA 2013 15.4k; Chase Freedom Sig V 2002 24.1k; Chase Amazon Rwrds Sig V 2011 8k; Sam's Club MC 2002 10k; Dscvr It 2012 10k; Citi Dvdnd Plat Sel V 2013 8.9k; PenFed Plat Rwrds V 2013 20k; AmEx Blue Sky 2013 11.3k; AmEx BCP 2014 24.1k; Priceline Rwrds Sig V 2013 8.7k; PayPal Xtras GE Cap Plat MC 2012 5k

Message 12 of 26
myjourney
Super Contributor

@oscar_actuary wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Try this tomorrow call the number and say I'm going to make a large purchase ....

Even if it's a lie?

Actually I did get tiresSmiley Tongue

Walmart had the best price on the 22" tires I wanted just had to wait because they aren't carried in store and they don't mount tires that big and it was 4 months ago when I first got the card. Smiley Embarassed

So sort of true I just didn't mention when Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 13 of 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I think what a lot of folks may not take into consideration is that although the GE Credit Solutions number may work in most cases, it is not a magic wand.  Just because you see or read about individuals who may score a decent CLI even after the "luv" button wasn't able to provide a successful result, it does not mean the same results will apply to everyone.  GECRB looks at a variety of factors on an exception/manual review to "consider" whether such a CLI is warranted.  Utilization is one factor, but so is your score, income, the age of the account and your overall credit file, etc.

OP - If your credit is less than stellar, and although you are making strides to improve it - and regardless if you view it as just a "store" card - at the end of the day, it is a credit card loan and an extension of credit.  Therefore, one couldn't expect GECRB (or any lender) to bend, even if you tell them you're going on safari to buy an elephant.

Message 14 of 26
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@oscar_actuary wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Even if it's a lie?

Walmart had the best price on the 22" tires I wanted just had to wait because they aren't carried in store and they don't mount tires that big and it was 4 months ago when I first got the card. Smiley Embarassed

Maybe I should try telling my creditors they need to raise my limits because I want to buy a car. See where that gets me. Smiley Tongue

Message 15 of 26
myjourney
Super Contributor

@GatorGuy wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@oscar_actuary wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Even if it's a lie?

Maybe I should try telling my creditors they need to raise my limits because I want to buy a car. See where that gets me. Smiley Tongue

Lol Good luck with that one Smiley LOL

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 16 of 26
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@DBSH wrote:

This is my second attempt to call them with absolutely nothing for my Amazon store card. The only CLI I have gotten was about fourtmonths ago and it was the automatic CLI for a garbage $250. I do get to speak to a person but it just seems that they click a button and it says yes or no. No ands ifs or buts about it. I understand that my report is far from spotless, but I have been making an effort to clear it up and am not asking for some prime card with some ungodly credit limit. It's a store card!

Am I not saying something I should be saying? Am I calling the wrong backdoor number?

Its not only you... I tried calling the backdoor number and they told me it would be a HP, but maybe because I called at like 11PM (Im in HI) their time so they just wanted to go home! Ill try again later on....

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 17 of 26
jennylocha
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

I think what a lot of folks may not take into consideration is that although the GE Credit Solutions number may work in most cases, it is not a magic wand.  Just because you see or read about individuals who may score a decent CLI even after the "luv" button wasn't able to provide a successful result, it does not mean the same results will apply to everyone.  GECRB looks at a variety of factors on an exception/manual review to "consider" whether such a CLI is warranted.  Utilization is one factor, but so is your score, income, the age of the account and your overall credit file, etc.

OP - If your credit is less than stellar, and although you are making strides to improve it - and regardless if you view it as just a "store" card - at the end of the day, it is a credit card loan and an extension of credit.  Therefore, one couldn't expect GECRB (or any lender) to bend, even if you tell them you're going on safari to buy an elephant.

Eehh....you're right too. I agree with this post. Its a store card, but at the end of the day they are still looking at the overall credit portfolio. Improve the score and give it some time and then you can try again.

Current Score: TU 671 / EQ 675 / EX 682
Goal Score: 700 Club Across the board!

Message 18 of 26
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Recently with the GE backdoor I have had about an 80% success rate.  I agree that it's not a magic wand but overall good for me now.  When I first got their cards I experienced the same thing as the OP, but now not so much.  I think that after a little time has passed and increased scores it will work out for you.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 19 of 26
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

OP I had the same experience with GE's "backdoor" number around my QVC card.  However I have no idea how they handle their walmart cards...I am deathly afraid of walmarts and refuse (no no no NO NO NO NOPE AINT HAPPENING) to go in one.  See below for shining examples of why:

I dont want these folks (or any like em) anywhere near anything I might touch, or heck even look at...let alone buy.  ick

photo wtfwalmart_zps62d63b75.jpg

photo wtf2walmart_zps19b63dfd.jpg

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.