Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does everyone want CSP?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Why does everyone want CSP?

All I see these days are Amex, Freedom and CSP!

Why is it everyone's goal lately to have CSP? Especially if you don't travel a lot... do the rewards transfer out to be better than Amex Costco 3% on Restaurants and 2% Gas or 1:1 or 1:1.5 you get with Navy Cash?

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

Re: Why does everyone want CSP?

Maybe cuz it metal.  Idk.  Idk anything about it except that it has an AF and rewards are points.  The two things i stay away from.  But maybe its not so bad

Message 2 of 29
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@ccnewcc wrote:

Maybe cuz it metal.  Idk.  Idk anything about it except that it has an AF and rewards are points.  The two things i stay away from.  But maybe its not so bad

Is it really metal.. Must have at ONCE!!

I love what you know!!

Message 3 of 29
alboto
Regular Contributor

Metal and it looks like a sapphire stone, WHOA!!!!
Message 4 of 29
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

All I see these days are Amex, Freedom and CSP!

Why is it everyone's goal lately to have CSP? Especially if you don't travel a lot... do the rewards transfer out to be better than Amex Costco 3% on Restaurants and 2% Gas or 1:1 or 1:1.5 you get with Navy Cash?

1. not everyone can get into Navy

2. Yes Freedom and CSP is overall MUCH better than Amex Costco.

Especially when with a Trifecta (checking + freedom + CSP all through Chase)

Chase checking + freedom = 10 points extra for any purchase average of 1 use a day would get you atleast $35 a year

freedom has 5% catagories which are nice then transfered over to CSP and used on travel = 20% bonus = 5% becomes 6% catagories.

Also CSP is one of the few cards that has a zero foriegn transaction fees for travel, a metal card looks sexy for most people's opinions, customer service is great (actually talk to a human from the begining)  and CSP also gives you a 7% annual bonus on CSP points earned through the year. (even already spent points)

CSP restaurant and travel is 2 points but with 20% more for travel and a 7% annual bonus = 2.57 points per dollar

Also the Ultimate reward malls are probably one of the best out of any credit card company.

So between getting  6 point out of 5% catagories with the combination +10 points extra + 7% bonus + 20% travel bonus it turns out quite nicely.

I also forgot to mention you can get upto $300 sign on bonus with Chase for checking, $100+ for Freedom , and 40,000 point bonus for Sapphire worth $500 in travel.

So that's $900+ bonus you can get just from signing up for the trifecta group.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 5 of 29
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@ccnewcc wrote:

I love what you know!!

Lol! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 29
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

i want the card cuz its metal and for dinning. i eat out every single day because i cant cook at all. i have a forward for restaurants but im changing it tomorrow morning to the thankyou preferred since i asked and was told im elegible

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 7 of 29
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@ccnewcc wrote:

I love what you know!!

I got so mad cause I got my credit up in July to 754 =\ and I found out I missed the BEST metal card in the industry the Palladium card =\ it weighs 4x more than the Sapphire card and costs about $1,000 in precious metals to create (23k gold and Palladium) supposed to be reserved for people who have $30,000,000 in liquid assets with Chase bank with a private banker, but turns out they weren't verifying in June -_-;

Message 8 of 29
distantarray
Established Contributor

@jsickz32 wrote:

i want the card cuz its metal and for dinning. i eat out every single day because i cant cook at all. i have a forward for restaurants but im changing it tomorrow morning to the thankyou preferred since i asked and was told im elegible

Why? Don't you get more points from Forward? 2.57 points vs 5 points???

Message 9 of 29
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:

Why? Don't you get more points from Forward? 2.57 points vs 5 points???

yes and for 10k points you can get $50 cash back....18k points got me $180 cash back on my freedom. its easy to rack up points but they are not worth that much for cashback.

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.