cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does everyone want CSP?

Regular Contributor

Re: Why does everyone want CSP?

I make the $95.00 fee back in rewards at the end of the year with the 7% bonus and the 20% off any airline tickets. I wanted the CSP because its the best for me all around.. No FTF, 20% off travel on every flight I book through Chase and earn double points.. I can transfer my points Southwest, United or Amtrak. After having Amex, I could ask the same Why does everyone want AMEX LOL? 

Message 21 of 29
Epic Contributor

Re: Why does everyone want CSP? ~~edit for my last question to confirm!

Not only do I love the laugh I get from some of you "I love it when cards play hard to get!" LOL but I want to hug the person that did the break down! I am so bad at taking the 3 or 5% and being like that's it!!! I have the hardest time calculating what's good....

 

So that said let me just clarify to make sure I follow:

 

My (NEWEST) thinking on my quest to merge our 2 "Joint Credit Lifes Together" WAS

1. Blue Cash Preferred for Grocery's and Gas

2. Navy Cash Signature 1% for first $10k, then 1.5% for remainder of that year and if ALL spending outside of the above Blue would go to the Navy so we would clear the $10k in 3-4 months on average probably as it is currently...

 

BUT NOW...

is it Chase CSP and Freedom for 100% of all charging if you REALLY just want the maximized cash back for your entire credit life outside of if you need a BT card or if you need to make a major purchase and pay over time you would use something else, the Chase would be PIF on both cards each month?

and you need a checking account with chase with $1500 in it at all times too am I hearing?

 

Thank you for clarifying.

Message 22 of 29
Established Contributor

Re: Why does everyone want CSP? ~~edit for my last question to confirm!


Creditaddict wrote:

Not only do I love the laugh I get from some of you "I love it when cards play hard to get!" LOL but I want to hug the person that did the break down! I am so bad at taking the 3 or 5% and being like that's it!!! I have the hardest time calculating what's good....

 

So that said let me just clarify to make sure I follow:

 

My (NEWEST) thinking on my quest to merge our 2 "Joint Credit Lifes Together" WAS

1. Blue Cash Preferred for Grocery's and Gas

2. Navy Cash Signature 1% for first $10k, then 1.5% for remainder of that year and if ALL spending outside of the above Blue would go to the Navy so we would clear the $10k in 3-4 months on average probably as it is currently...

 

BUT NOW...

is it Chase CSP and Freedom for 100% of all charging if you REALLY just want the maximized cash back for your entire credit life outside of if you need a BT card or if you need to make a major purchase and pay over time you would use something else, the Chase would be PIF on both cards each month?

and you need a checking account with chase with $1500 in it at all times too am I hearing?

 

Thank you for clarifying.


LOL I'm at work and I have a lot of free time with nothing to do, I work for myself and when I'm not with a client I just sit at my desk and browse the web. and Most banks require a $1,500 minimum average balance to avoid fees.  Chase is a good bank, I like them because they're known to goodwill people who have faced financial hardtimes in the past with them. Like getting a charge off and having it deleted (after paid or settled of course) most banks if you mess up will tell you your **bleep** outta luck.


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 23 of 29
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Why does everyone want CSP?


Creditaddict wrote:

All I see these days are Amex, Freedom and CSP!

 

Why is it everyone's goal lately to have CSP? Especially if you don't travel a lot... do the rewards transfer out to be better than Amex Costco 3% on Restaurants and 2% Gas or 1:1 or 1:1.5 you get with Navy Cash?


 

I have often wondered the same thing. I think the metal mesmerizes people. navy needs to make a metal card!

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 29
Valued Contributor

Re: Why does everyone want CSP?

@webby
+100000
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 25 of 29
Established Contributor

Re: Why does everyone want CSP?

One huge advantage (vs Amex te) is points transferability. I value united and sw points >1cent if used wisely. concierge, visa acceptance also help. I plan to try for csp in December, but if I fail, I will likely go for Amex te in march and drop zync restaurant pack. 

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 26 of 29
Epic Contributor

Re: Why does everyone want CSP?


Cdnewmanpac wrote:

One huge advantage (vs Amex te) is points transferability. I value united and sw points >1cent if used wisely. concierge, visa acceptance also help. I plan to try for csp in December, but if I fail, I will likely go for Amex te in march and drop zync restaurant pack. 


So with this statement if our goal is CASH, should we stick with Navy Cash for 1.5% after $10 and amex for eating and gas? or chase trifecta biz?

Message 27 of 29
Frequent Contributor

Re: Why does everyone want CSP?

Use Priceline 2% or the NASA 2% (after your first $2,000 a year) for everything not higher on the BCP.

Message 28 of 29
Highlighted
Blogger

Re: Why does everyone want CSP?


bostonte wrote:

Use Priceline 2% or the NASA 2% (after your first $2,000 a year) for everything not higher on the BCP.


This is the deadly combo for cash back:

 

US Bank Cash+ and checking

Chase Freedom, CSP and checking

Discover More

Amex Blue Cash Preferred
Priceline

I can't imagine people needing anything beyond these cards. 

Message 29 of 29