Regular Contributor
armywifey85

Re: Why does everyone want CSP?

I make the $95.00 fee back in rewards at the end of the year with the 7% bonus and the 20% off any airline tickets. I wanted the CSP because its the best for me all around.. No FTF, 20% off travel on every flight I book through Chase and earn double points.. I can transfer my points Southwest, United or Amtrak. After having Amex, I could ask the same Why does everyone want AMEX LOL? 

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Why does everyone want CSP? ~~edit for my last question to confirm!

Not only do I love the laugh I get from some of you "I love it when cards play hard to get!" LOL but I want to hug the person that did the break down! I am so bad at taking the 3 or 5% and being like that's it!!! I have the hardest time calculating what's good....

So that said let me just clarify to make sure I follow:

My (NEWEST) thinking on my quest to merge our 2 "Joint Credit Lifes Together" WAS

1. Blue Cash Preferred for Grocery's and Gas

2. Navy Cash Signature 1% for first $10k, then 1.5% for remainder of that year and if ALL spending outside of the above Blue would go to the Navy so we would clear the $10k in 3-4 months on average probably as it is currently...

BUT NOW...

is it Chase CSP and Freedom for 100% of all charging if you REALLY just want the maximized cash back for your entire credit life outside of if you need a BT card or if you need to make a major purchase and pay over time you would use something else, the Chase would be PIF on both cards each month?

and you need a checking account with chase with $1500 in it at all times too am I hearing?

Thank you for clarifying.

Fico Scores: EQ- 653 Cap1., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
65 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Established Contributor
distantarray

Re: Why does everyone want CSP? ~~edit for my last question to confirm!

Creditaddict wrote:

Not only do I love the laugh I get from some of you "I love it when cards play hard to get!" LOL but I want to hug the person that did the break down! I am so bad at taking the 3 or 5% and being like that's it!!! I have the hardest time calculating what's good....

So that said let me just clarify to make sure I follow:

My (NEWEST) thinking on my quest to merge our 2 "Joint Credit Lifes Together" WAS

1. Blue Cash Preferred for Grocery's and Gas

2. Navy Cash Signature 1% for first $10k, then 1.5% for remainder of that year and if ALL spending outside of the above Blue would go to the Navy so we would clear the $10k in 3-4 months on average probably as it is currently...

BUT NOW...

is it Chase CSP and Freedom for 100% of all charging if you REALLY just want the maximized cash back for your entire credit life outside of if you need a BT card or if you need to make a major purchase and pay over time you would use something else, the Chase would be PIF on both cards each month?

and you need a checking account with chase with $1500 in it at all times too am I hearing?

Thank you for clarifying.

LOL I'm at work and I have a lot of free time with nothing to do, I work for myself and when I'm not with a client I just sit at my desk and browse the web. and Most banks require a $1,500 minimum average balance to avoid fees.  Chase is a good bank, I like them because they're known to goodwill people who have faced financial hardtimes in the past with them. Like getting a charge off and having it deleted (after paid or settled of course) most banks if you mess up will tell you your **bleep** outta luck.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

Creditaddict wrote:

All I see these days are Amex, Freedom and CSP!

Why is it everyone's goal lately to have CSP? Especially if you don't travel a lot... do the rewards transfer out to be better than Amex Costco 3% on Restaurants and 2% Gas or 1:1 or 1:1.5 you get with Navy Cash?

I have often wondered the same thing. I think the metal mesmerizes people. navy needs to make a metal card!

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
jsickz32

@webby
+100000
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Established Contributor
Cdnewmanpac

One huge advantage (vs Amex te) is points transferability. I value united and sw points >1cent if used wisely. concierge, visa acceptance also help. I plan to try for csp in December, but if I fail, I will likely go for Amex te in march and drop zync restaurant pack. 

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Cdnewmanpac wrote:

One huge advantage (vs Amex te) is points transferability. I value united and sw points >1cent if used wisely. concierge, visa acceptance also help. I plan to try for csp in December, but if I fail, I will likely go for Amex te in march and drop zync restaurant pack. 

So with this statement if our goal is CASH, should we stick with Navy Cash for 1.5% after $10 and amex for eating and gas? or chase trifecta biz?

Fico Scores: EQ- 653 Cap1., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
65 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Frequent Contributor
bostonte

Use Priceline 2% or the NASA 2% (after your first $2,000 a year) for everything not higher on the BCP.

Blogger
HiLine

bostonte wrote:

Use Priceline 2% or the NASA 2% (after your first $2,000 a year) for everything not higher on the BCP.

This is the deadly combo for cash back:

US Bank Cash+ and checking

Chase Freedom, CSP and checking

Discover More

Amex Blue Cash Preferred
Priceline

I can't imagine people needing anything beyond these cards. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}