Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 246
Registered: ‎01-25-2008
0

Re: Why does everyone want CSP?

I make the $95.00 fee back in rewards at the end of the year with the 7% bonus and the 20% off any airline tickets. I wanted the CSP because its the best for me all around.. No FTF, 20% off travel on every flight I book through Chase and earn double points.. I can transfer my points Southwest, United or Amtrak. After having Amex, I could ask the same Why does everyone want AMEX LOL? 

Epic Contributor
Posts: 24,080
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Why does everyone want CSP? ~~edit for my last question to confirm!

Not only do I love the laugh I get from some of you "I love it when cards play hard to get!" LOL but I want to hug the person that did the break down! I am so bad at taking the 3 or 5% and being like that's it!!! I have the hardest time calculating what's good....

 

So that said let me just clarify to make sure I follow:

 

My (NEWEST) thinking on my quest to merge our 2 "Joint Credit Lifes Together" WAS

1. Blue Cash Preferred for Grocery's and Gas

2. Navy Cash Signature 1% for first $10k, then 1.5% for remainder of that year and if ALL spending outside of the above Blue would go to the Navy so we would clear the $10k in 3-4 months on average probably as it is currently...

 

BUT NOW...

is it Chase CSP and Freedom for 100% of all charging if you REALLY just want the maximized cash back for your entire credit life outside of if you need a BT card or if you need to make a major purchase and pay over time you would use something else, the Chase would be PIF on both cards each month?

and you need a checking account with chase with $1500 in it at all times too am I hearing?

 

Thank you for clarifying.

Fico Scores: EQ- 647., TU 705 Sync, EX 700 (04/07/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
80 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Established Contributor
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011
0

Re: Why does everyone want CSP? ~~edit for my last question to confirm!


Creditaddict wrote:

Not only do I love the laugh I get from some of you "I love it when cards play hard to get!" LOL but I want to hug the person that did the break down! I am so bad at taking the 3 or 5% and being like that's it!!! I have the hardest time calculating what's good....

 

So that said let me just clarify to make sure I follow:

 

My (NEWEST) thinking on my quest to merge our 2 "Joint Credit Lifes Together" WAS

1. Blue Cash Preferred for Grocery's and Gas

2. Navy Cash Signature 1% for first $10k, then 1.5% for remainder of that year and if ALL spending outside of the above Blue would go to the Navy so we would clear the $10k in 3-4 months on average probably as it is currently...

 

BUT NOW...

is it Chase CSP and Freedom for 100% of all charging if you REALLY just want the maximized cash back for your entire credit life outside of if you need a BT card or if you need to make a major purchase and pay over time you would use something else, the Chase would be PIF on both cards each month?

and you need a checking account with chase with $1500 in it at all times too am I hearing?

 

Thank you for clarifying.


LOL I'm at work and I have a lot of free time with nothing to do, I work for myself and when I'm not with a client I just sit at my desk and browse the web. and Most banks require a $1,500 minimum average balance to avoid fees.  Chase is a good bank, I like them because they're known to goodwill people who have faced financial hardtimes in the past with them. Like getting a charge off and having it deleted (after paid or settled of course) most banks if you mess up will tell you your **bleep** outta luck.


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 7,225
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: Why does everyone want CSP?


Creditaddict wrote:

All I see these days are Amex, Freedom and CSP!

 

Why is it everyone's goal lately to have CSP? Especially if you don't travel a lot... do the rewards transfer out to be better than Amex Costco 3% on Restaurants and 2% Gas or 1:1 or 1:1.5 you get with Navy Cash?


 

I have often wondered the same thing. I think the metal mesmerizes people. navy needs to make a metal card!

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,987
Registered: ‎06-25-2012
0

Re: Why does everyone want CSP?

@webby
+100000
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Established Contributor
Posts: 766
Registered: ‎01-16-2012
0

Re: Why does everyone want CSP?

One huge advantage (vs Amex te) is points transferability. I value united and sw points >1cent if used wisely. concierge, visa acceptance also help. I plan to try for csp in December, but if I fail, I will likely go for Amex te in march and drop zync restaurant pack. 

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Epic Contributor
Posts: 24,080
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Why does everyone want CSP?


Cdnewmanpac wrote:

One huge advantage (vs Amex te) is points transferability. I value united and sw points >1cent if used wisely. concierge, visa acceptance also help. I plan to try for csp in December, but if I fail, I will likely go for Amex te in march and drop zync restaurant pack. 


So with this statement if our goal is CASH, should we stick with Navy Cash for 1.5% after $10 and amex for eating and gas? or chase trifecta biz?

Fico Scores: EQ- 647., TU 705 Sync, EX 700 (04/07/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
80 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 267
Registered: ‎10-04-2009
0

Re: Why does everyone want CSP?

Use Priceline 2% or the NASA 2% (after your first $2,000 a year) for everything not higher on the BCP.

Blogger
Posts: 3,355
Registered: ‎10-19-2012
0

Re: Why does everyone want CSP?


bostonte wrote:

Use Priceline 2% or the NASA 2% (after your first $2,000 a year) for everything not higher on the BCP.


This is the deadly combo for cash back:

 

US Bank Cash+ and checking

Chase Freedom, CSP and checking

Discover More

Amex Blue Cash Preferred
Priceline

I can't imagine people needing anything beyond these cards. 

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.