cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does no U.S. bank issue Visa Infinite?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why does no U.S. bank issue Visa Infinite?

@LS2982 wrote:

@SoulMaster wrote:

If you're looking to get one of these and you live in the U.S., it seems pretty easy to me.  You just have to practice!

The lyrics start:

Oh, Can-a-da

Our Home and Native Land...

Ha!

-SM

Smiley Surprised

Smiley Very Happy

Smiley Very Happy lol

Message 11 of 31
anderl
Frequent Contributor

Is there a difference between the Visa Infinite and the Visa Black Card?.....hmmm

Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 12 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@anderl wrote:

Is there a difference between the Visa Infinite and the Visa Black Card?.....hmmm

A huge one. Black is, despite its name, only a Visa Platinum. On Visa's ladder its Platinum, Signature, then infinite. Where as Signature cards have a minimum limit of 5k, the black card can have a limit of 500. Props to Barclays, the issuer of the black card. They somehow managed to make a card that's always talked about with the centurion card but no where close in benefits.

Message 13 of 31
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@anderl wrote:

A huge one. Black is, despite its name, only a Visa Platinum. On Visa's ladder its Platinum, Signature, then infinite. Where as Signature cards have a minimum limit of 5k, the black card can have a limit of 500. Props to Barclays, the issuer of the black card. They somehow managed to make a card that's always talked about with the centurion card but no where close in benefits.

I'm pretty sure the "Black Card" CL is at least $2,000.  In an effort to reduce harvester, sub-prime cards, the card act doesn't allow a card that charges an AF over 25% of the card's CL.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 14 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cashnocredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@anderl wrote:

I'm pretty sure the "Black Card" CL is at least $2,000.  In an effort to reduce harvester, sub-prime cards, the card act doesn't allow a card that charges an AF over 25% of the card's CL.

Not sure how they get around it but theres a few threads on here saying they were approved for 500.

Message 15 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hold on. Botswana, Kazakstan and Nigeria  - plus several other second/third-world countries - get the card, and we don't?

Wow. Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 31
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@cashnocredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@anderl wrote:

Not sure how they get around it but theres a few threads on here saying they were approved for 500.

I've also seen indirect anecdotal reports of $500 CLs on the Visa Black card but the CARD act is pretty clear about the ratio limits of AFs and CLs. Perhaps someone who has a black card and $500 CL could chime in or perhaps a link to someone claiming this.  It might just be people slamming the Visa Black card and piling on.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 17 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even if the limit was higher, it still doesnt compete well with cards of similar AF IMO.

Message 18 of 31
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Even if the limit was higher, it still doesnt compete well with cards of similar AF IMO.

Yep, it's an overly hyped card marketed to wannabes.

Message 19 of 31
veracious
Established Contributor

Does anyone know what their interchange fees are?

Maybe their interchange fees are to steep for American businesses

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.