Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why don't some CC's report CL's?

tag
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

Why don't some CC's report CL's?

I don't understand why for instance my Chase Sapphire won't report my credit limit. It would help a lot with my util.

What's the point of not reporting a credit line?  And can I call Chase and request they do it?

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Re: Why don't some CC's report CL's?

That's because the Chase Sapphire is considered a "World" MC which is pretty elite in credit card terms.  Most cards 9 out of 10 times that are World MC or World Elite MC, Visa Signature will not report a credit line. It's part of the "no pre-set limit" feature of the cards.

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 2 of 4
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

But it does have a limit. I think I can just go over it without a penalty.... Don't know though, never tried.

So why can't they just report the true limit?

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 4
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Correct. It does have a credit limit and having a World MC or Visa Signature allow you to go over the limit without penalty as long as you pay below the limit before the bill is due. I am not really sure and no one seems to know why they do not report a limit.  It is frustrating. The lady told me that my Chase OnePass Plus World MC actually reported the CL (pumped because it is a $15k line) but when it posted yesterday it did not. ;( So it gets calculated as a World card and/or Charge card like my AMEX Zync and Citi Thank You Preferred. *sigh*.  So now I have 3 cards that do not report credit lines *grumble*

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.