Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why don't they........

tag
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Why don't they........

It is well known on this forum that the recon is a viable and powerful option for obtaining and increaasing credit lines.  This is due in part to the fact that the credit report often doesn't tell the "rest of the story".  I have had multiple successful recons this year after I learned about it from this board. 

My question is,  instead of the "7-10 day"  or we are "reviewing your report" message why don't the lenders at least make one aware that recon is possible?   Better yet why don't lenders allow applicants  to plead their case before submitting an application.  Seems to me it would be pretty simple to put a "remarks" block on an application form that would allow an individual to report such things as divorce, illness, temporary job loss, etc as reasons to why some debts may have late payments or explain other derogatory information on the credit report.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Why don't they........

Cost, every app would have to be reviewed, there would be no instant credit,  who wants to pay a bunch of expensive UWs to sit and read comments, not going to happen...

Message 2 of 5
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Cost, every app would have to be reviewed, there would be no instant credit,  who wants to pay a bunch of expensive UWs to sit and read comments, not going to happen...

This. If applicants were allowed to add remarks to their application that would require manual review on each application. Defeats the point of instant decision and cost savings from it.

Message 3 of 5
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

I don't think everyone would add comments...........it would just help when a manual review was required which is taking place anyway at times.

Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Recons are not widely published by them either due to costs, there is a relatively small percentage of people who are on internet forums that give them the info on how to do it, only 1 of my many friends even knows what it means. In the old days even before the internet age I knew how to recon apps, it was not done by phone,  it was all done via writing in with a copy of the decline letter and a copy of my CR explaining every baddie I had on it. It worked 50% of the time. Some banks today change their recon lines every few months, they dont want to be bombarded with all the calls yet due to web boards like this one it is becoming harder for them to conceal their UWs numbers. It only takes 1 person to let the cat out of the bag. LOL..

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.