Valued Contributor
FinStar

Re: Why get a GE credit card?

Fico2Go wrote:

Jamesdwi, do you know which GE product carries a VISA logo?  

I know of only one ..GE/Old Navy.  

You got me sold on this part..

>>>>GE Walmart and Sam's club card offer  $20-$100 over the amount of purchase at there respective stores, no cash advance fee, no special rates just treated like a regular purchase for the most part.>>>>>>>

Unfortunately those are powered by discover which  I currently have.  

There's a few GECRB CC's that are on the Visa payment network, such as GAP Visa, Banana Republic Visa, AEO Visa, Chevron/Texaco Visa, etc.  Their most recent acquired card program was the Ebates Visa which comes in two flavors - Platinum and Signature.  Otherwise, all of their Visa/MC cards are only offered in Platinum versions - no Signature and no WMC/WEMC.

Regular Contributor
DeadSpider

Re: Why get a GE credit card?

GE has lots of retail cards, so it's easier to get to start building credit.

I just got a GE card just few days ago Lowes, which happened a card I wanted and I would have applied regardless of the lender.

Cap1 QS $11500, Freedom $5000K, Slate $8000 Amex Sky $2000K, Discover IT $4400, BCE $8800, NFL $1500, Lowes $7000

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: 742
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}