cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has AMEX not Reported to Any CRA After 8 Weeks?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why has AMEX not Reported to Any CRA After 8 Weeks?

I have paid two statement cycles, but these cards are ghosts to my FICO score.

BCE and PRG
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Floyduda
New Contributor

Re: Why has AMEX not Reported to Any CRA After 8 Weeks?

I opened 3 Amex cards this year, they all reported about a week or two after the second statement. I think it's normal...

Message 2 of 5
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

One of the advantages of late reporting the new CC can be finally having a ~2-3 month AAoY in the recent credit report after the first report, instead of 0 or 1 month. I don't know whether there can be a signficant difference in Fico8, if changing AAoY from 0 to 3 months. But, if somebody is shopping more than 1 CC in a month, having an older AAoY might be good to have the best acceptance chance for applications.

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 3 of 5
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Yes, completely agree that it's normal to report after the 2nd or 3rd statement (usually 2nd). Certainly there is an advantage to a having a 3 month old card reporting rather than a brand new one, unless the amount of the credit line substantially reduces your overall utilization (i.e. you have two $5000 cards with $4000 balances on each for 80% utilization, then get a new card with a $20,000 limit and $0 balance which reduces your overall utilization to 26.67%) .

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies.

So another 2 weeks, then.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.