Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Amex soft pulling me?!

tag
huntsmama
New Contributor

Why is Amex soft pulling me?!

I was looking at my full report for Equifax and noticed American Express has soft pulled me about a half dozen times in the last 3 months! The last time was February 3rd, they may have again since then. My company issued me a corporate Amex about a year ago, not even sure if my SSN has anything to do with it, but these pulls didn't start till November and are pretty consistently every other week. Why are they doing this? I've never had an Amex account or ever received an offer from them, any thoughts?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Why is Amex soft pulling me?!

You may be getting some pre-approvals in the mail soon!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 7
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

They may be pulling due to your Corp Card.

Possibility 1:

AMEX soft pulls its members all the time up to bi monthly.  They are extremely cautious and sensitive to drastic score changes.  They do not like to see one's financial profile change once you have one of their cards.

Possibility 2:

They are going to send you some pre-select offers.  Many CC's soft pull your credit and send targeted mailings to you for their cards.

If you do not want these types of offers or SPs on your file you can opt out at the credit agencies website.  Since you have an AMEX Corp Card AMEX will still be able to soft pull you even if you opt out because you have a product they offer.

Hope it helps.

Message 3 of 7
chnceit
Valued Contributor

AMEX will SP you every month to keep tabs on you. They are notorious for this.

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 4 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@chnceit wrote:
AMEX will SP you every month to keep tabs on you. They are notorious for this.

They've been on-point with me!

I'm a little disappointed not to see some pre-approval luv from them.......Smiley Mad

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 7
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

They soft pull me like crazy ! But I'm opted out of offers & I think they'd like to see who's playground I'm playing on, since I have cut my usage drastically over the last few months).

SisterGirl

SisterGirl
Message 6 of 7
Bearclaw
Established Member

Nothing to worry about. All credit companies do occasional, sometimes frequent pulls. Capital One SPs me at least once a month. Chase, every 2-3 months.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.