cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Barclays promoting just 6 of its cards?

tag
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Re: Why is Barclays promoting just 6 of its cards?

Hmmm. They must've updated the site in the last 48 hours. Wasn't showing limited cards when I made a payment on my account earlier this week. At least it looks better.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 11 of 22
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's too bad they only show these cards and not the SM, it's such a fantastic card and I feel a lot of people are missing out.  Especially since most of the US spends on all its catagories on a regular basis, I say most not all.  I for one use all the cats it offers especially on amazon.

I've heard good things about their Sallie Mae card.  Do you know what kind of credit standards they have for getting it?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

My fiancé has the Hawaiian airlines card..I don't see that being promoted at all.
Message 13 of 22
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Wonder if some partnerships are drying up. They no longer offer american airline cards, but you can be grandfathered in.
Signature needs updating
Message 14 of 22
weehoo
Frequent Contributor

I think Sallie Mae is the best, i had to find a link elsewhere to apply for it, twice =)

Citi AAdvantage WE - 41k | Marriott Bonvoy Brilliance - 29k | Citi Double Cash - 19 .5k | Southwest Premier - 39k | Discover Miles - 23k | GECRB Ebates Visa - 10k | Golden1 Rewards - $10k | Ducks Unlimited - 6k |
Message 15 of 22
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@weehoo wrote:

I think Sallie Mae is the best, i had to find a link elsewhere to apply for it, twice =)

How hard is it to get?

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica

The standards I am told are higher for this card. My scores to give you an idea hover now around 660 to 680. I had two 30 days late on my cap1 card which are my only baddies and those were middle of last year 2014 and end of last year 2014. I was approved for 1500 at highest apr, but I PIF.
Message 17 of 22
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@SouthJamaica

The standards I am told are higher for this card. My scores to give you an idea hover now around 660 to 680. I had two 30 days late on my cap1 card which are my only baddies and those were middle of last year 2014 and end of last year 2014. I was approved for 1500 at highest apr, but I PIF.

Thanks for the info, mrpink57

Message 18 of 22
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's too bad they only show these cards and not the SM, it's such a fantastic card and I feel a lot of people are missing out.  Especially since most of the US spends on all its catagories on a regular basis, I say most not all.  I for one use all the cats it offers especially on amazon.

It's a cobranded card and typically, but not always, the cobranded cards a bit less advertised. Lenders want to push "their" products first and foremost.

I hate to say it but it's probably better off that Sallie Mae is a lesser known card. I think if it were super popular it would be nerfed sooner than later.

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:
I updated. On my computer. I only see a few cards. Yep. Agree with Apple. My watch will be here Tuesday. Got my trAcking number now.

Tangent: Congrats on your watch taxi! I got mine last Tuesday. (Ordered it last Sunday). Still learning, but very happy with it.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.