cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Cap1 so slow in processing CC apps?

tag
L-TWT
Established Contributor

Why is Cap1 so slow in processing CC apps?

Apped for the Cap1 cash rewards card on 11/15 via online, not instantly approved, rec'd 7-10 message. Called 11/20 to get update on status, CSR informed app approved but acct not generated yet and unable to provide any info, **bleep**!.....Informed generation of acct, CL & rate will take another 7-10 business days? I have never heard of anything of the sorts, patience is a virtual i do not possess. Is this process from Cap1 common?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Why is Cap1 so slow in processing CC apps?

On the forums it seems to be for some people...looks like they're doing everything manually for you! Not just for the approval, but actually building your card! I applied for Sapphire 11/15, got the two weeks message, and finally got a response two days ago. (well, not a response...i logged into my chase account and voila! there it was!) Still waiting on the card...argh! But don't worry, it'll come soon enough Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 10
L-TWT
Established Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

On the forums it seems to be for some people...looks like they're doing everything manually for you! Not just for the approval, but actually building your card! I applied for Sapphire 11/15, got the two weeks message, and finally got a response two days ago. (well, not a response...i logged into my chase account and voila! there it was!) Still waiting on the card...argh! But don't worry, it'll come soon enough Smiley Happy

Thx....i know it will come, i'm not just not a patient individual, nor use to waiting! Also, my main urgency is that i'm heading overseas and wanted a CC with no FTF. I honestly think the "cave men" that they show in the venture card commercials r making it by hand and when their done, will drive it over in "fred from the flintstones" vehicle!Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 10
beb86
Valued Contributor

@L-TWT wrote:

Apped for the Cap1 cash rewards card on 11/15 via online, not instantly approved, rec'd 7-10 message. Called 11/20 to get update on status, CSR informed app approved but acct not generated yet and unable to provide any info, **bleep**!.....Informed generation of acct, CL & rate will take another 7-10 business days? I have never heard of anything of the sorts, patience is a virtual i do not possess. Is this process from Cap1 common?

UHH because the have to pull from all three CRAs haha

Message 4 of 10
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Join the club! I was so itchy for 5 days waiting for the approval! It wasn't my ideal card, just thought I'd give it a whirl because I thought I would be going on vacation. I could've called a CSR but I didn't care one way or another if it would go through, because then I could've gardened up to a Capital One VentureOne. Those further reviews kill you! The only other time I didn't get an instant approval was for my TD Bank credit card because they don't give you instant approvals. At all. I checked the mailbox every day and was SO HAPPY when I felt that nice heavy envelope!

Since you're heading overseas, call every day to check on the status of the card. As soon as they finish "building" it, you can probably get it overnighted so you can potentially have it in time! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 10
L-TWT
Established Contributor

@beb86 wrote:

@L-TWT wrote:

UHH because the have to pull from all three CRAs haha

I'm really not too conerned about a creditor pulling all 3 bureau's, actually i think that is a good way to gauge an individuals credit history. 

Message 6 of 10
beb86
Valued Contributor

I think you misunderstood my post. the question was why cap1 takes so long and I meant the fact that the have to pull all three as a joke....my humor needs some work I know Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 10
L-TWT
Established Contributor

UPDATE!

Sumitted app online 11/15

App approved on 11/20

Rec'd "Terms & Conditions" Disclosure in the mail on 11/24-CL=10000, APR=16.9% and they provided a "FAKO" credit score only from TU, which was 761

Card will be mailed out w/i 2-3 weeks, speechless!!!

Message 8 of 10
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@L-TWT wrote:

UPDATE!

App approved on 11/20

Rec'd "Terms & Conditions" Disclosure in the mail on 11/24-CL=10000, APR=16.9% and they provided a "FAKO" credit score only from TU, which was 761

That means Capital One like Chase, begins to use score other than FICO to make credit card decision.

Message 9 of 10
L-TWT
Established Contributor

@L-TWT wrote:

UPDATE!

App approved on 11/20

I stand corrected, it appears the score provided VIA Transunion is an offical FICO vs-FAKO score

Name of Score: TRANSUNION/FICO CLASSIC (04)

Range 309-839

like most lenders they have not upgraded to using the FICO 08'

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.