cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is everybody jumping on the Venture Card ?!

tag
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Re: Why is everybody jumping on the Venture Card ?!

It's easy to look back after the newness of the latest craze has died down and ask why was everyone so excited about that.

Anyone who's been here any amount of time remembers other "events".  Duck/Beaver or NASA or Diners or whatever.  It happens all the time.

If I had to guess the draw was the high limit.  That's often the case...  Who doesn't like a high limit?  There's also a novelty aspect involved in the phenomenon of Cap 1 acting like an actual decent lender for once.  There's some amount of people who just get caught up in the excitement of it all.

To be honest, if it had been anyone other than Cap1, I would have probably been applying also.  I applied for Diners and was denied and I had no use for the card at all.  I don't even remember what lame excuse I told myself for applying for it! 

Message 41 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@android01 wrote:

I applied for this card for experimental purposes.  I have very high FICO scores and very clean and thick files/CR's, and I wanted to see if they would match or exceed my highest CL of $45,000.  My impression of Cap one is that they aren't really looking for people like me.  I don't revolve balances.  They are never going to make money from me interest wise, which is what I think they count on for the majority of their applicants.  I'm an outlier in that respect.  

So when I applied, with 850 FICO 8 scores, 13 years AAoA, 1% reporting, 29 year credit history - I got the 7-10 day message.  This was yesterday and no pulls have been done by them in the interim.  The fact that I wasn't approved instantly is telling - I don't fit their normal credit profile, hence the manual review.  I may be too good for them.

Just a thought, and I'll update when I know more.   

There's been a couple of very high FICO score people that have gone to manual review.

Message 42 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who could resist that Alec Baldwin fellow from the venture commercial? He could be quite convincing. Wait... Does he even do any of venture commercials?
Message 43 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied not for the novelty of it, but for what I felt was a strong reason: the high CL and the possibility of it influencing my future 61 day CLI request to $10,500 come late March.   As I grow my credit and come closer to a point where I wish to travel more, I was attracted by the fact that I could use the bonus points on a travel card.   

Message 44 of 45
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@RedMini

No, Jennifer garner does the commercials now.
Message 45 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.