cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my CapOne Venture called the Platinum?

tag
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Re: Why is my CapOne Venture called the Platinum?

So......are Cap1 issued Venture One cards Visa or MC......mine had morphed into a Venture One and it was a MC

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

According to this site (http://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/ventureone/) it's a Visa Signature (if the limit is over $5k) or a Visa Platinum (if it's under $5k), however, if it's a PC from a MasterCard product, it will stay a MasterCard. You will need to flat-out apply for it again to get the Visa version.

Message 12 of 23
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

According to this site (http://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/ventureone/) it's a Visa Signature (if the limit is over $5k) or a Visa Platinum (if it's under $5k), however, if it's a PC from a MasterCard product, it will stay a MasterCard. You will need to flat-out apply for it again to get the Visa version.

@Anonymous case in point........if a cardholder comes into the Cap1 family with a subprime card you are going to stay subprime no matter what they "upgrade" your card to.......you still keep the original T&C.   It is my understanding that the minimum CL for a Venture One is 5K........I was @ 4.2K.   Cap1 is probably fleecing the masses by just renaming their cards.

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ecxpa wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My case in point........if a cardholder comes into the Cap1 family with a subprime card you are going to stay subprime no matter what they "upgrade" your card to.......you still keep the original T&C.   It is my understanding that the minimum CL for a Venture One is 5K@........I was @ 4.2K.   Cap1 is probably fleecing the masses by just renaming their cards.

Can't speak to the accuracy of "staying sub prime," but the VentureOne's website says the minimum CL for a VentureOne is $3k.

Screen Shot 2015-04-11 at 9.40.23 AM.png

Message 14 of 23
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

My experience was frustrating with "upgrades" I had several cards that "upgraded" to QS1 which has an AF of $39........my AF's did not change and ranged from 49-59.  So to me an upgrade should reflect the T&C of the product you were upgraded to.   jmho and one of multiple reasons I decided to ax my entire Cap1 family of morphed cards.  Also it seems that even the lower tier Venture is a Visa product, mine stayed a MC......no big deal with me but it certainly muddies the waters.

Message 15 of 23
gibeon
Established Contributor

Regarding Visa vs MasterCard. You can tell by the first digit.

If your card starts with a "4" it is a Visa of some sort, if it starts with a "5" it's a MasterCard of some sort.

There's also a link on CapOne's website that will let you order the specific terms for each of your cards to be delivered by mail.

Hth,
Gib
23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 16 of 23
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

@gibeon wrote:
Regarding Visa vs MasterCard. You can tell by the first digit.

If your card starts with a "4" it is a Visa of some sort, if it starts with a "5" it's a MasterCard of some sort.

There's also a link on CapOne's website that will let you order the specific terms for each of your cards to be delivered by mail.

Hth,
Gib

order specific terms??????????

Message 17 of 23
gibeon
Established Contributor

Ecxpa,

I saw it online yesterday while I was noodling around on the Cap One website looking for my annual fees.

You can apparently request that they send you a printed copy of your specific terms for each card. APR, Fees, Benefits, etc. (Unless I completely misread something, but that was the info I was looking for - though in online format.)

Maybe "order" was a poor word choice.
23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smilar experience. I PC'ed from QS1 to QS. It just shows platinum mastercard or world mastercard.

I talked to reps and submitted feedback a while ago. They said only fresh apps result in card being listed as "quicksilver". All conversions/upgrades will result in this ambiguous name.

Message 19 of 23
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Smilar experience. I PC'ed from QS1 to QS. It just shows platinum mastercard or world mastercard.

I talked to reps and submitted feedback a while ago. They said only fresh apps result in card being listed as "quicksilver". All conversions/upgrades will result in this ambiguous name.

Right, I have two QS that came from other products (PCd by them, not me!) and report of Visa Platinum and Visa Signature.

It really is fine.  All that matters is the reward structure your card has.  So at one stage I had two identical looking Platinum cards, one gave 1.5 and one gave 0  (Guess which got used!)

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.