Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the Amex Pre-Paid card so popular

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Why is the Amex Pre-Paid card so popular

@timmis1127 wrote:

Has anyone had the prepaid card and now got approved for a Zync becuase you were invited to apply?

I think it was only recently announced.  Most people haven't even gotten their accounts funded properly yet.

While I'm still a little skeptical on the offer, it's worth a shot regardless of how remote in my situation.  I expect if I check my reports in six or possibly 12 months, I should see Amex soft inquiries if they're being legitimate about the deal at all.  I was planning to pull my EX report in April anyway, might be earlier than that too as it doesn't cost them much to do that, plus if it helps them recruit new members that meet their criteria, why not?

Also one has to expect that this may be a longer term program if there's any traction on it, and in order to keep folks interested they're going to have to "graduate" enough people to at least give the impression they're being righteous about it.  It'll probably be fine for the borderline, I'm guessing it may not work in my case, but it's so hard to predict with Amex.

        
Message 31 of 34
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Why is the Amex Pre-Paid card so popular

@Revelate wrote:

@timmis1127 wrote:

Has anyone had the prepaid card and now got approved for a Zync becuase you were invited to apply?

I think it was only recently announced.  Most people haven't even gotten their accounts funded properly yet.

While I'm still a little skeptical on the offer, it's worth a shot regardless of how remote in my situation.  I expect if I check my reports in six or possibly 12 months, I should see Amex soft inquiries if they're being legitimate about the deal at all.  I was planning to pull my EX report in April anyway, might be earlier than that too as it doesn't cost them much to do that, plus if it helps them recruit new members that meet their criteria, why not?

Also one has to expect that this may be a longer term program if there's any traction on it, and in order to keep folks interested they're going to have to "graduate" enough people to at least give the impression they're being righteous about it.  It'll probably be fine for the borderline, I'm guessing it may not work in my case, but it's so hard to predict with Amex.

Very true

Message 32 of 34
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Re: Why is the Ames Pre-Paid card so popular

I had an AMEX Prepaid card for a few months, then got approved for the Zync. I wasn't "invited" to apply, though. I just applied. I did, however, get a collections removed from my report (the reason for being denied in the past) and my first card (Cap1) hit six months by the second time I applied and was instantly approved. So was it the Prepaid that got me approved? Maybe it helped. But as I said, I also got a collections removed and my first card aged a bit more, so take it for what it's worth. 

I still have the prepaid card somewhere around here lol

Photobucket
Message 33 of 34
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Why is the Ames Pre-Paid card so popular

@FloridaState12 wrote:

I had an AMEX Prepaid card for a few months, then got approved for the Zync. I wasn't "invited" to apply, though. I just applied. I did, however, get a collections removed from my report (the reason for being denied in the past) and my first card (Cap1) hit six months by the second time I applied and was instantly approved. So was it the Prepaid that got me approved? Maybe it helped. But as I said, I also got a collections removed and my first card aged a bit more, so take it for what it's worth. 

I still have the prepaid card somewhere around here lol

Call and see if you can backdate to the old pre-paid card on your Zync Smiley Happy

        
Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.