cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why just travel or CB rewards cards?

tag
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Re: Why just travel or CB rewards cards?

1) Social media is full of people talking about "free" trips they took.  It is free, very effective advertising for travel cards.

2) There are points cards you can redeem for "experiences."   I can redeem my SSFCU card points for cruises, sky diving, cooking lessons, etc.  My old ScoreCards CU card can be redeemed for MLB, European Soccer, NFL, Wrigley Field Rooftop, Masters Golf, Preakness, Stanley Cup finals, SuperBowl tickets, etc.  I don't see music concerts, but I do see things like "American Music Rewards" show.  You can also redeem points for movie tickets, white water rafting, etc.

https://www.scorecardrewards.com/#/products?keyword=&categoryId=5525&brandId=&promotionId=&price=0,2...

There are plenty of similar points programs.  They used to be much more popular before cash back.

Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why just travel or CB rewards cards?

Rewards for experiences used to be a big deal. With the popularity of Groupon you pretty much close in on discount on anything anytime. You just have to do your diligence and do your reading. if you need to score a hot air balloon ride 50% off… using a quicksilver won't take much off in comparison to a program that offers hot air balloon ride discounts for example
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.