Did you mean: 

Why no praise?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why no praise?

@nyancat wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

So went to Sams Club as usual, and thought why doesnt their card get more praise than it gets? Like i mean unless im missing something here the rewards are really decent. Am I missing something?

If you live near a Sam's Club and not a Costco it's pretty much a no-brainer.

Why?  I do live near Sam's and shop there, but always use a 2% M/C there (if I'm not using up a WalMart giftcard).  Even if I had it, why would I use the Sam's credit card for only 1%?

I already get 5.5% on gas and 3% on dining.  Nevertheless, the Sam's Club card is on my "to get" list, for the 3% on travel, but there's a few cards in front of it.

Chris.

Message 11 of 21
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@nyancat wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

So went to Sams Club as usual, and thought why doesnt their card get more praise than it gets? Like i mean unless im missing something here the rewards are really decent. Am I missing something?

Why?  I do live near Sam's and shop there, but always use a 2% M/C there (if I'm not using up a WalMart giftcard).  Even if I had it, why would I use the Sam's credit card for only 1%?

I already get 5.5% on gas and 3% on dining.  Nevertheless, the Sam's Club card is on my "to get" list, for the 3% on travel, but there's a few cards in front of it.

Chris.

No SAMs by me have a gas station. Why I never bit on the pre-approval they sent. I have the plus membership but I would rather get my cashback 1.5 on the transaction instantly

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 12 of 21
nyancat
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@nyancat wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

Chris.

For the 3% travel, mainly. The 5% gas is also nice, but easier to match elsewhere.

P.S. If you have CSP, it's obviously better on travel. It's just that for a free card if you shop at Sam's, it is nice. Not necessarily that it is "the one" or anything, or for everyone. But it's a nice card and free... it makes sense for a LOT of customers.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 13 of 21
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

+1

Message 14 of 21
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

I still dont understand how they only give 1% back on sams club purchases? Its a store card they cant give a little more back?? I get 1.5% with my QS card, (applied for double cash got denied) but thats 2% back. I dont need the 5% back on gas and the 3% travel is good but the rewards check just seems odd to me...

Also for the membership there are ways to get some of your money back. Discover deals has a 10 dollar gift card for savings and business members and a 25 dollar gift card for plus members when you renew or start a new membership. 

If you are not a member i would reccomend keeping on eye on slickdeals.net there usally is a better deal for new members to sign up, it probably comes around once every quater or so. 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 15 of 21
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

restaurant-gas.png

gas.png

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 16 of 21
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@nyancat wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

Seems to me that most members here live near Costcos. Except when I lived in Japan, I have never lived near a Costco (there was one literally right down the street from where I worked there!). 

I have a BJ's membership through my father; we've always lived near BJ's so that's what we've always had membership to. The closest Costco to us is about a 30 min. drive (Sam's is about the same). It seems like no one here ever mentions the BJ's card either (I think there's one poster who does have it). 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 17 of 21
mikelo22
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Also there is that thing about only getting your cashback once a year...

Bingo. Same reason I wouldn't get the Amex TE Costco is same reason I wouldn't get the Sam's. Not a fan of One Year redemption. Plus having to redeem at a Sam's is awkward.

And TMWC out with the charts shows the card does have value given your spending. A very solid card for those that have it.

Message 18 of 21
sunkissed
Established Contributor

I have the BJ’s card and I think it’s fantastic!  It’s the only one in the bunch (Costco, Sam’s, and BJ’s) that actually rewards spend in the warehouse club.  I earn 5% on Bj’s purchases, 2% on restaurants and non-BJ’s gas, 1% everywhere else and a 10 cent per gallon discount at the BJ’s gas station.  Additionally, having the card gives me a $25 per year discount on my membership fee.  If I ever need to carry a balance, the APR ono BJ’s purchases is only 7.99%.  The APR on purchases outside of BJ’s is 14.99%.  And I don’t have to wait all year to receive my rewards.   Once I’ve earned at least $20 in rewards, the cashier asks me if I’d like to apply my rewards at checkout.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 19 of 21
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@sunkissed wrote:

I have the BJ’s card and I think it’s fantastic!  It’s the only one in the bunch (Costco, Sam’s, and BJ’s) that actually rewards spend in the warehouse club.  I earn 5% on Bj’s purchases, 2% on restaurants and non-BJ’s gas, 1% everywhere else and a 10 cent per gallon discount at the BJ’s gas station.  Additionally, having the card gives me a $25 per year discount on my membership fee.  If I ever need to carry a balance, the APR ono BJ’s purchases is only 7.99%.  The APR on purchases outside of BJ’s is 14.99%.  And I don’t have to wait all year to receive my rewards.   Once I’ve earned at least $20 in rewards, the cashier asks me if I’d like to apply my rewards at checkout.

Thats good to know. I was pre approved for the BJ's card but did not take the offer. I hate the self serve checkouts there. The ones at sams are much better because they give you a scan gun so you dont have to throw stuff on the register/belt like BJ's

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.