cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the 2 year wait for chase sapphire?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why the 2 year wait for chase sapphire?

@Saleen099 wrote:

@Booboo71 wrote:

Why is Chase saying you have to wait 2 years before you can be approved or be able to apply for the Sapphire card? I realize for the part of too many applications biut that seems somewhat ridiculous. Any thoughts?

So when you applied. Chase said  wait 2 years to be  able to apply for the chase Sapphire. WHAT????????

Yes, they said the same to me!  That's okay, I can wait.  But this is only Chase branded cards.  Not the co-branded ones.

Message 11 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Booboo71 wrote:

Why is Chase saying you have to wait 2 years before you can be approved or be able to apply for the Sapphire card? I realize for the part of too many applications biut that seems somewhat ridiculous. Any thoughts?

They're cutting off people who churn their cards for bonuses. It's a case of the few ruining it for the many. 

Nothing else to do but follow their rules if you want them in your wallet. I can't apply for the CSP until March of 2017. 

Not a churner.  Never was, never will be.  I don't think I would have the time to even think about it.  But they have made is bad for the rest of us.  Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Booboo71 wrote:

Thank you for the feedback just was wondering! Yes I would like to have Sapphire but I have to wait till July 2017. Oh well nothing else out there I want but Amex and thats not till maybe December 2015 if I'm lucky!

You don't have to wait 2 yrs unless you have been seriously app'ing recently.  18 months for me.  Once you can get your total new accts under 5 & inq's under 5, you can app for the CSP.

Message 13 of 59
shane82388
Established Contributor

Ok, I'm feeling a little out of the loop here....this is a new thing that if you have 10 Chase cards you cant apply for 2 years from your last Chase approval? Or if you have 10 cards in general? I dont really get what the "2 year wait for Sapphire" is here?

Sorry, just out of the loop...

Message 14 of 59
Booboo71
Established Contributor

I have to wait! I would think 1 year is more feasible but I dunno? I myself do not Churn and but giftcards to make my spend or close accounts and then turn around and reaplly for the same card to get the bonus again. too much work and hassle.

Message 15 of 59
Booboo71
Established Contributor

@shane82388 wrote:

Ok, I'm feeling a little out of the loop here....this is a new thing that if you have 10 Chase cards you cant apply for 2 years from your last Chase approval? Or if you have 10 cards in general? I dont really get what the "2 year wait for Sapphire" is here?

@shane82388 wrote:

Shane if Itry to apply I get stopped because A. I have 10 chase cards in a short amount of time and B. I app'd like mad person so I have a  load of inquiries. That is my situation. Read above it might not be 2 years for you.

Message 16 of 59
shane82388
Established Contributor

@Booboo71 wrote:

@shane82388 wrote:

@shane82388 wrote:

Shane if Itry to apply I get stopped because A. I have 10 chase cards in a short amount of time and B. I app'd like mad person so I have a  load of inquiries. That is my situation. Read above it might not be 2 years for you.

Ahh okay...well I guess I could understand how that would be with the 10 Chase cards...espeically in a short period of time. Seems like they would percieve that as a lot of exposure to one person I suppose...

Message 17 of 59
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@shane82388 wrote:

@Booboo71 wrote:

@shane82388 wrote:

@shane82388 wrote:

Ahh okay...well I guess I could understand how that would be with the 10 Chase cards...espeically in a short period of time. Seems like they would percieve that as a lot of exposure to one person I suppose...

To add to this, a month or twoish ago, Chase started throwing down the hammer and handing out denials where multiple people were told the reason was because they had 5 tradelines from other lenders in the past 2 years.  I didn't follow it closely enough but it seemed like might be any 5 tradelines including Chase.

Long debate on some threads on it, if you search think original author was Yes-Its-Me in the most discussed; however, while this hasn't held apparently for everyone, it's evident Chase has done a fairly significant overhaul on their underwriting on their primary non-co-brand cards.  

Even limited spreers like myself will have to probably be a little more restrained, and I never have gone over 4 tradelines in a single spree before, though I may start soon as mortgage closes heh.  I don't fall afoul of their current UW no fly zone (miss it by 4 months) and I do have a decent relationship with Chase, but we'll see as I may be skirting the lines between some new tradelines in the past 2 years and a slew of inquiries from the mortgage process; hopefully they're smart enough to ignore that or I'm good enough to be able to recon that away if it happens.

Given that the average number of cards held by the typical American consumer is less than 5, it's not a bad policy for a lender to institute though it kicks a number of us to the curb for a while... have to really want it and strategize it's acquisition now whereas before it just wasn't that challenging to acquire.

        
Message 18 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

10 cards is unexplored and frankly dangerous ground with Chase, and you want to add one more? Take it from a serial churner, but that is a good way to get the boot from Chase in a hurry. I understand all the approvals for juicy bonuses and not too shabby credit lines can give you a rush as I myself have been there before. I hope you understand I am not putting you down, just indicating that perhaps you should just lay low for some time and establish good spend and payment patterns before applying for penny one of additional credit, maybe not for two years. But give it time.

Message 19 of 59
taxi818
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't think it's that ridiculous. Seriously, how many cards does one need? There are other cards besides the Chase Sapphire if you really want one but you have 10 chase cards. Sometimes you gotta know when to throw in the towel. If you need the card in two years, it will be there. I don't think it's going anywhere.

Where does it say OP has 10 chase cards? Is something not showing on my screen or was that in another post. 

it is true. i know you are not even thinking of that one booboo. yikes. hehehe. but they are basing it on risk. listen. The average american has tops 2-3 credit cards. if people have over 5 in the last 2 years. they are collectors. plain and simple. myself included of course. hehehe. 22 in 2 years is a lot. i wlll not deny it. so i can't get another from chase. their main cards. of course i could still get a co branded. but ooh well.

Message 20 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.