Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the 2 year wait for chase sapphire?

tag
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Why the 2 year wait for chase sapphire?

Why is Chase saying you have to wait 2 years before you can be approved or be able to apply for the Sapphire card? I realize for the part of too many applications biut that seems somewhat ridiculous. Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 59
58 REPLIES 58
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Re: Why the 2 year wait for chase sapphire?

@Booboo71 wrote:

Why is Chase saying you have to wait 2 years before you can be approved or be able to apply for the Sapphire card? I realize for the part of too many applications biut that seems somewhat ridiculous. Any thoughts?

So when you applied. Chase said  wait 2 years to be  able to apply for the chase Sapphire. WHAT????????

Message 2 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think it's that ridiculous. Seriously, how many cards does one need? There are other cards besides the Chase Sapphire if you really want one but you have 10 chase cards. Sometimes you gotta know when to throw in the towel. If you need the card in two years, it will be there. I don't think it's going anywhere.
Message 3 of 59
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't think it's that ridiculous. Seriously, how many cards does one need? There are other cards besides the Chase Sapphire if you really want one but you have 10 chase cards. Sometimes you gotta know when to throw in the towel. If you need the card in two years, it will be there. I don't think it's going anywhere.

Where does it say OP has 10 chase cards? Is something not showing on my screen or was that in another post. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 4 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not in this post.
Message 5 of 59
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Booboo71 wrote:

It may seem ridiculous my dearest little Booboo but that's the current Chase policy.  We could go in circles again debating and start another hateful thread on possible theories but the bottom line, Chase is not wanting to approve any of their mainline flagship cards (Slate, CSP, Freedom) if the above conditions exist.  As far as reasons, some have said potential risks (i.e. exposure), churning/abuse, and the list goes on.

So, I realize you are probably exited to add an 11th card with them, but you're just going to have to wait it out Smiley Wink  Now, the more you apply for new beauties, the farther it becomes a reality.

Message 6 of 59
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Where does it say OP has 10 chase cards? Is something not showing on my screen or was that in another post. 

Go search in the approvals section for Booboo.  You'll see!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 59
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Booboo71 wrote:

They're cutting off people who churn their cards for bonuses. It's a case of the few ruining it for the many. 

Nothing else to do but follow their rules if you want them in your wallet. I can't apply for the CSP until March of 2017. 

Message 8 of 59
red259
Super Contributor

If OP has ten chase cards already I have to say I'm kinda suprised they didn't already pick up the CSP and secondly if chase would consider giving OP the CSP after two years I think that is pretty good for an 11th chase card. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 9 of 59
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Thank you for the feedback just was wondering! Yes I would like to have Sapphire but I have to wait till July 2017. Oh well nothing else out there I want but Amex and thats not till maybe December 2015 if I'm lucky!

Message 10 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.