Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the dislike of Capital One?

tag
negg
Frequent Contributor

Re: Why the dislike of Capital One?

For one there front line CSR are worthless, my dog could provide better service. Like others have said, takes an act of gód to get a decent CLI from them. 

Look at my sig, it's the lowest card I have it's been 7 months, I hit the love button last week, declined on a $500 increase. Smh. 

CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 11 of 19
lithium78
Established Contributor

I just got a $500 CLI after four years without a CLI.  Um, thanks I guess.  At least they finally added 1.5% cash rewards to my Platinum card even though they declined a PC to Quicksilver.  

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 19
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

The main reason I don't have 1 is because of the triple pull !!!! Also all the bad things i heard about the CL and CS

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 13 of 19
sandman2435
Established Contributor

No problems here on my end with Capital one..was able to get 33k in credit with them in less then a year..If you have great credit then from what I see they will work with you.

Message 14 of 19
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

IMO, the Cap one does not like me at all. Back to 2 months ago, when I don't have any cards, I applied for their entry level or subprime card, and they just asked my TAX return( holy God , I am a new immigrant, how could I give them that thing?) I applied Freedom and Discover on the same day, although Chase only gave me 600 CL, discover 500 CL, but at least they gave me a chance and I am really appreciated. Now I think I will never touch Cap one in my entire life.Smiley Mad

Message 15 of 19
WolvenASE

That's very interesting that some were not able to get credit limit increases. My credit history started two years ago when I took out a share secured loan with my credit union (no credit history, was a ghost - could not get a CC for the life of me). I paid that off, and got an offer for Capital One's platinum card in the mail. I signed up for it, and was approved for the $500 limit. Keep in mind, I was just a lowly cashier working at Wal-Mart at the time. About a year and a half later, I went through Capital One's automated system for a credit limit increase and instantly, my limit was increased to $1250 - an amount that I certainly wasn't expecting but was more than happy to get. Using that card has helped me get my score to 750.

Message 16 of 19
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@negg wrote:

For one there front line CSR are worthless, my dog could provide better service. Like others have said, takes an act of gód to get a decent CLI from them. 

Look at my sig, it's the lowest card I have it's been 7 months, I hit the love button last week, declined on a $500 increase. Smh. 

I had similar experience with their front line CSRs in the past.  They commonly advocate applying for a new card when you ask about anything from APR reduction to CLI.  I got the impression they had a specific script to follow and had no empowerment to deviate from it.  Granted, with the type of volume they deal with, it's probably the only way to provide consistentcy.  However, I think they could learn quite a bit from Chase in having a significant reconsideration department, but maybe that's what they call the EO.

Message 17 of 19
lithium78
Established Contributor

Cap1 is really strange.  I get no CLI for four years, call the EO to get them to add rewards to my Platinum card, and then they send me a prequalified offer for their GM card.  I have enough credit cards as it is right now, but it's interesting.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 19
Networth
Frequent Contributor

Full forclosure I have never pesonally had a Capital One account but I always see them nickel and diming people and have always viewed them as "sub-prime".

Chase Sapphire Reserve - American Express Blue Sky - Chase Freedom - - Chase Freedom Unlimited - BankAmericard Travel Rewards -

TU 813 EX 809 EQ 812
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.