Why we need Amex?

tag
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Re: Why we need Amex?

@android01 wrote:

@scenery_guy wrote:

@android01 wrote:

I charge around $30-$50,000 a month on my Amex Business card with 10 AU's.  There is no other Visa or Mastercard that will grant me the kind of spending I may need(>$100,00 per month) that I can think of and be flexible to 3X that amount if I need it. The best thing about AMEX business cards is that the DO NOT appear on my personal reports, which they shouldn't anyway because my company is incorporated.  AMEX has worked perfectly for me.

Amen. I second this as a business owner with AU's on AMEX. The flexibility is awesome. The web site is great. The spending reports are handy and the end of year reports are the best. 

Android01 you really should check out the Chase Ink Bold. They are trying really hard to get business from people like you and me. It's set up like a AMEX charge with NPSL and it does grow with you. They initially set a limit when I opened mine (and told me the limit - how refreshing). It's now 3-4x what it was and my banker advised me to call if in doubt about a charge amount and that as the account ages they will accommodate as needed. So far so good. AU cards free too!

Thanks for the info about the INK, but I'm not sure they extend the kind of credit I'd need which could exeed 100,000> a month.  And it is NOT reported on my personal credit. Is this the same with Chase?  I'm sick and tired or lenders and vendors needing "personal guarantees" from the owners of a corporation to do business.  I have  Dunn and Bradstreet number, and that should be good enough from a company perspective. I refuse to put my personal credit history to be added into the debate. Does Chase INK report on personall hisory?

I have two Inks (Cash and Bold) and neither have ever reported to my personal history. I did sign a PG but I am a sole proprietor so I am all eggs in one basket so to speak. They did a HP on my personal history for the card but that was it (and I assume that was because of my PG). I have run $50K a month on my Bold no problem and it's growing.

It's worth dropping in if you live near a Chase branch. If not you need to make a call. They really do want your business. I love AMEX but Chase is a viable option in this particular situation for people like us. For the record I bank with Chase both personal and business and my banker saw all of my AMEX payments and wanted to show me the Ink products. 

Message 21 of 28
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@astritaho1979 wrote:

@chnceit wrote:

@astritaho1979 wrote:

@chnceit wrote:

@astritaho1979 wrote:

Not that i have a bk from 6yrs ago but wondering why everyone needs an Amex when there are so many good lenders out there like GE,Chase,BOA

Why do you like these lenders?

Well for starters they are more willing to work with customers and applicants IMO

AMEX will work with customers and applicants

AMEX has a variety of cards and reward programs

AMEX gives generous CLI's.... especially 3X at 61 days (no other lender does this)

I understand but when it comes to bk they simply dont care and if by any miracle they open an account for you they will ask your tax returns like ur applying for mortgage

Other lenders like citi dont need returns for a credit card

Other lenders do open account to people with bk.You know, things like that.

From post on here there are members who got an AMEX after 8 years of filing for BK. They are known not to approve when its fresh and fresh to them is 8 years. This is a smart business move for them.

You are miss imformed - AMEX will only ask for tax documents if you are FR'd 

Also from your other post CITI approved you right with a BK, then they granted a CLI at activation to $15K, but your sig states $8.5K now so you were AA'd and/or FR'd so are you mad at CITI now?

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 22 of 28
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

@jake619 wrote:

@astritaho1979 wrote:

I understand but when it comes to bk they simply dont care and if by any miracle they open an account for you they will ask your tax returns like ur applying for mortgage

Ill-informed.  You are not required to provide tax documents to be approved.  You're mixing things up.  If AMEX chooses to avoid BK-applicants isn't that their prerogative?

I am well informd ur not.Everyone you ask in here they will tell you the same thing.They open the account and then they will ask for the tax script request Then the account will be caput/closed

COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
*LOWES $6K *CMN BANK $5.2K-*PNC $5K*SCLUB DISC. $5K*
WMART DISC.4K*CMN BANK 3.75K*BANK OF AMERICA $3K* MACYS $2.2K*
JCP $1.8*TARGET $0.7K* UTL1%- AAOA 5.5- TOTAL 12 yrs History/
Transunion 718 Equifax 733- Experian 736
Message 23 of 28
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

@chnceit wrote:

@astritaho1979 wrote:

@chnceit wrote:

@astritaho1979 wrote:

@chnceit wrote:

@astritaho1979 wrote:

Not that i have a bk from 6yrs ago but wondering why everyone needs an Amex when there are so many good lenders out there like GE,Chase,BOA

Why do you like these lenders?

Well for starters they are more willing to work with customers and applicants IMO

AMEX will work with customers and applicants

AMEX has a variety of cards and reward programs

AMEX gives generous CLI's.... especially 3X at 61 days (no other lender does this)

From post on here there are members who got an AMEX after 8 years of filing for BK. They are known not to approve when its fresh and fresh to them is 8 years. This is a smart business move for them.

You are miss imformed - AMEX will only ask for tax documents if you are FR'd 

Also from your other post CITI approved you right with a BK, then they granted a CLI at activation to $15K, but your sig states $8.5K now so you were AA'd and/or FR'd so are you mad at CITI now?

Not really citi is comming along they did get my message though.I thing they got it

In respect to the cli they did increase it but they later said that they could only increase it by 1500$ though i am happy with that consider everyone here said there is no increase untill 6 months.If i remember correct one of them was you

COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
Message 24 of 28
jake619
Frequent Contributor

Officially done posting on this clowns threads. Good luck in life. You seem to have everything figured out.
Message 25 of 28
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

Every thread gets locked and under moderator review...this one appears to be no different Smiley Sad

Message 26 of 28
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

@jake619 wrote:
Officially done posting on this clowns threads. Good luck in life. You seem to have everything figured out.

Thanks same to youSmiley Happy

Message 27 of 28
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Thread is locked and under Moderator review.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.