Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why why why...AMEX Teasing Me with a Zync Pre-Approval While I Garden

tag
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Re: Why why why...AMEX Teasing Me with a Zync Pre-Approval While I Garden

@DI wrote:

Are those charge cards worth paying an annual fee for?  I just don't get why someone would want to send the banks money to use its cards when its your own money being sent each month to pay off the balance. 

A significant portion of my expenses on my charge card are reimbursable business expenses.  So a sizeable chunk of it isn't my money being sent each month.  My current spend projection for this year puts me at earning about 70K MR points.  My annual fee is $175.  If I only realize one cent per point, I clear $525 in benefits.  I think I can achieve better than 1 cent per point with airline rewards, so it's a good deal.  

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:

@crosbyk1 wrote:

I have one that I downgraded to from gold. concorduser said you will have a 250 limit.

Lately Amex is approving sync card with hard limits for some applicants. Search this forum you'll see posts on it. Also my daughter got approved for the card and they put a hard limit of $250 on the card.

Fixed for accuracy Smiley Wink

Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DI wrote:

Are those charge cards worth paying an annual fee for?  I just don't get why someone would want to send the banks money to use its cards when its your own money being sent each month to pay off the balance. 

It depends on how you use it. For example, I run everything I possibly can through my PR Gold card. I racked up enough points in 2 or 3 months to pay for my annual fee. But I do some travelling in and out of country, so I use the points for airfare and discounts.

You have to remember also the points on Zync are different than Green/Gold Premier Rewards points, so YMMV on usage.

Is it worth it? Absolutely. Extra year warranty on electronics, guaranteed money back guarantee on just about everything I buy for 90 days whether the merchant will take a return or not, preferred seating at events among other things are worth it to me. And of course the customer service is legendary.

edit: I misread your first post...thought you said you have Blue, not Blue Cash. Edited my response

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.