cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't AmEx let me pay for charges not on my statement?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why won't AmEx let me pay for charges not on my statement?

I have the Costco Am Ex which I got last month. My statement closing date is the 7th. I made a $350 payment  before the statement generated, and when it did generate $400 reported on my bureaus and my statement which is due in March. 

I paid $261 of that about 10 days ago.I have used the card at Costco and a few other places since the bill and want to make sure no balance is reported on the 7th. I tried to make a $360 payment on line yesterday, and the system said I could only pay $139 as that is all that is left of the $400 I was billed for .

i don't want my February charges to show up on my March credit reports as I am trying to get my utilization down to 30% ,and want my score to be high when I go for a cli with them next month.

They let me pay before a statement cut last month on billed charges. Why did this happen, and how can I pay this off before the 7th, send them a check?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why won't AmEx let me pay for charges not on my statement?

I've noticed this before too but only while trying to pay on my phone and not on a computer.  There's no way to edit the payment amount within the online account?

Message 2 of 10
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the Costco Am Ex which I got last month. My statement closing date is the 7th. I made a $350 payment  before the statement generated, and when it did generate $400 reported on my bureaus and my statement which is due in March. 

I paid $261 of that about 10 days ago.I have used the card at Costco and a few other places since the bill and want to make sure no balance is reported on the 7th. I tried to make a $360 payment on line yesterday, and the system said I could only pay $139 as that is all that is left of the $400 I was billed for .

i don't want my February charges to show up on my March credit reports as I am trying to get my utilization down to 30% ,and want my score to be high when I go for a cli with them next month.

They let me pay before a statement cut last month on billed charges. Why did this happen, and how can I pay this off before the 7th, send them a check?

Use the bill pay option on your other bank account. 

Message 3 of 10
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

alternatively you can push payment from your bank account to amex for any amount.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I'll try that. I have my bank account linked. 

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Am I missing something here?  When I go to my mobile app, I have the option to pay the minimum, current balance, outstanding balance or other amount. 

Message 6 of 10
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Am I missing something here?  When I go to my mobile app, I have the option to pay the minimum, current balance, outstanding balance or other amount. 

I assumed OP want to pay for some charges that are pending ans havent been included in outstanding balance

Message 7 of 10
skigirl916
Established Contributor

I push payments through via my bank's bill pay option.

Message 8 of 10
2014repair
New Contributor

I just chated with customer service about this.  I have a new BCP card and made a payment on the 21st.  Since then I have charged some more and was wanting to pay it off already but was unable to.  I was told that when you setup a new bank account for payments they will take the initial payment, but then not allow you to make payments with it again for 30 days.  after those 30 days you can make up to 5 payments a day if you want.  He said if I wnated to make additional payments before the 30 days to use my banks online bill pay as others here have suggested.

/i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o572/2014repair/Best-Buy-Credit-Card_zps7jz6jb0m.png">
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I want to pay my current charges that haven't been billed yet but show up on my account. The payment I wanted to make would have paid off my current bill and paid charges that show up on their records but haven't been billed yet, so that my next statement will be as low as possible or 0.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.