cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why would i get a 8 point drop in my score because i was rebucketed..

tag
Camilion
Regular Contributor

Why would i get a 8 point drop in my score because i was rebucketed..

I got an 8 point drop in my score because i was rebucketed DUE to age of accounts going up...this just doesn't seem right ..i have a squeeky clean report.and there was no change in any of my inq or uti...Makes me wanna cry Smiley Sad( i've worked so hard to get my scores up and Boom I get shot down 8 more notches..seems nothing i can do to make It go the other direction Smiley Sad((
Ride the wind for it will carry you...
Follow the stars for they will guide you..
Believe in your dreams..
For they are your hearts desires...
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

Re: Why would i get a 8 point drop in my score because i was rebucketed..

Ultimately the rebucket will allow your scores to reach higher. You are now being compared to others with squeaky clean files and long histories. Since you have just been added to this bucket you do not look as good as the rest of the pack (shorter history than the rest for example). As your accounts age your scores will rise in this new bucket--do not worry. 8 pts is not a huge drop--others have posted much larger drops upon a rebucket.

I prefer to think about buckets like this: If there were no buckets and everyone was simply compared to everyone else it would be very hard for anyone just starting out to have hope for good scores. A person with a thin or short file would look very risky versus someone with a long established history. Hope this makes a little bit os sense, keep up your good work--your scores will rise!!

TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Message 2 of 7
Camilion
Regular Contributor

THANK YOU so much for your reply and explination..I felt like i must have done something terribly wrong...in fact every time i get a score drop i feel like im falling into the depths of depression..I have worked so hard to get my scores up and seems the harder i try the lower they go..this was just another stab at my attempt to climb the ladder of ((feeling good bout my work

I just don't think ill ever get there.....sigh.....at least your response made me feel like it was a good thing rather than another slap)

thank you once again for the mental support

Believe in your dreams..
Message 3 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Cheer up, it just means that you've been promoted to a more competitive credit peer group. With your great credit history, your scores have the potential to be much higher than they were. You just have to accept that you're a bit of a noob right now. Time heals almost all credit issues, including score drops.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 7
Camilion
Regular Contributor

thank you for your encouragement...and support..without you guys I would still be wandering around knowing nothing about credit at all Smiley Happy)

You have helped me sooo much in many ways..

This drop at this time when i had taken soo much extra care and poured so much money into paying off balances just threw me for a loop and made me feel that it was all useless..I would never have a 700 again!

Use your card get a ding..dont use your card get it cancelled...use it or loose it...Us it and loose points...I just can't figure all this out..it's giving me a headache Smiley Happy))

thanks to you all for my simulance of some credit sanitySmiley Happy))

Believe in your dreams..
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is where myfico simulator feels like chocolate.  When I'm rebucketed, I can see how much higher my potential scores can be by playing with scenarios with the simulator.  Okay, I may still need real ice cream, but I can skip the chocolate sauce and sprinkles.......Smiley Tongue
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

How cab you determine what bucket you are in??? And how can you tell when you are moved to a different bucket????  I have heard alot  of  talk about rebucketing??

Your explainations would be appreciated.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.