New Contributor
100down0monthly

Wife as AU on Comenity cards?

I have 3 cards backed by Comenity.  Should I add my wife to all 3 at once?  Basically, she has ZERO credit.  We recently picked up a Wells Fargo secured card for her.  Being that she has no AAoA as it is, would it be best to just go ahead and add her to all 3 cards (VS 750cl, Brylane Homes 500cl, Jcrew 1k cl) to help her build? 

Regular Contributor
scarzy

Re: Wife as AU on Comenity cards?

[ Edited ]

100down0monthly wrote:

I have 3 cards backed by Comenity.  Should I add my wife to all 3 at once?  Basically, she has ZERO credit.  We recently picked up a Wells Fargo secured card for her.  Being that she has no AAoA as it is, would it be best to just go ahead and add her to all 3 cards (VS 750cl, Brylane Homes 500cl, Jcrew 1k cl) to help her build? 

I would add her to only one (Jcrew-the highest limit). My wife put me as an authorized user on a Comenity store card after my bk7. After 6 months of reporting, I was approved for one of their cards. 

Since she will have a secured card, and will be added to one of your Comenity card, eventually she will be able to apply for a non-secured Capital One, or a store card after 6 months depending on her score.

starting EQ FICO : 526 current EQ FICO : 640 starting TU FICO: 538 current TU FICO : 656

My wallet: Capital One cash rewards $1,300- ~ NFCU signature cash rewards $5,000- ~ NFCU nRewards $5,000- ~ NFCU LOC $1,000- ~ Target $200- ~ Kohl's $300- ~ Walmart $800- ~ Amazon $900- ~ Updated 6/2013

Discharged Ch7 Nov.16, 2012

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}