Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wife as AU on Comenity cards?

tag
100down0monthly
New Contributor

Wife as AU on Comenity cards?

I have 3 cards backed by Comenity.  Should I add my wife to all 3 at once?  Basically, she has ZERO credit.  We recently picked up a Wells Fargo secured card for her.  Being that she has no AAoA as it is, would it be best to just go ahead and add her to all 3 cards (VS 750cl, Brylane Homes 500cl, Jcrew 1k cl) to help her build? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
scarzy
Regular Contributor

Re: Wife as AU on Comenity cards?

@100down0monthly wrote:

I have 3 cards backed by Comenity.  Should I add my wife to all 3 at once?  Basically, she has ZERO credit.  We recently picked up a Wells Fargo secured card for her.  Being that she has no AAoA as it is, would it be best to just go ahead and add her to all 3 cards (VS 750cl, Brylane Homes 500cl, Jcrew 1k cl) to help her build? 

I would add her to only one (Jcrew-the highest limit). My wife put me as an authorized user on a Comenity store card after my bk7. After 6 months of reporting, I was approved for one of their cards. 

Since she will have a secured card, and will be added to one of your Comenity card, eventually she will be able to apply for a non-secured Capital One, or a store card after 6 months depending on her score.

starting EQ FICO : 526 current EQ FICO : 640 starting TU FICO: 538 current TU FICO : 656

My wallet: Capital One cash rewards $1,300- ~ NFCU signature cash rewards $5,000- ~ NFCU nRewards $5,000- ~ NFCU LOC $1,000- ~ Target $200- ~ Kohl's $300- ~ Walmart $800- ~ Amazon $900- ~ Updated 6/2013

Discharged Ch7 Nov.16, 2012

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.