Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wife got a Credit One offer...

tag
manwoot
Frequent Contributor

Wife got a Credit One offer...

I was actually surprised by the terms. 

The letter said she was pre-approved for a credit line of $500-$1500.  Annual fee was $45, no additional monthly fees or maintenance fees.  APR was 19.9% but was charged from the first day a transaction posts.

This seems not too bad if you're rebuilding or need a card.  No rewards, but still... I've seen worse!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

Re: Wife got a Credit One offer...

When I was rebuilding, they were the first to take a chane on me. Everyone knocks them, b/c they are not prime, but they treated me good. If she is rebuilding id say go for it!

Message 2 of 4
Forte747
Regular Contributor

@manwoot wrote:

The letter said she was pre-approved for a credit line of $500-$1500.  Annual fee was $45, no additional monthly fees or maintenance fees.  APR was 19.9% but was charged from the first day a transaction posts.

This seems not too bad if you're rebuilding or need a card.  No rewards, but still... I've seen worse!

Why don't you add her as an AU on a couple of your cards for a little while maybe 6-12 mths then she should be able to get a Prime card on her own.

EQ: 661, EXP: 667, TU: 682, FICO®
GOAL: 800s
IN MY WALLET: AMEX PRG: NPSL | NAVY goRewards VISA: $7K | NAVY CashRewards: $3K | Navchek: $15K | Cap1QuicksilverOne: $2K | Cap1 QuickSilverOne: $2K | Cap1 Spark Business: $1K | Discover IT: $1.4K | Harley Visa: $1.5K | Lowes: $3.9K | FingerHut: $3.5K | NASA Rewards Visa: $2K | Amazon: $1.4K | Barclay Apple Visa: $1.2 | Barclay Rewards: $1.5K | GM WM Elite: $1000 | Walmart SC: $4K | | Kohls: $300 |
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@manwoot wrote:

So you pay 20% interest on everything you buy with the card with no grace period? That sounds like a terrible card actually!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.