Regular Contributor
KeithW

Wifes CC limit...

My wife recently got a Citi Diamond Preferred card and signed up with me as an authorized user. My understanding is that they do not take my credit history into account since I am simply an authorized user. Is there any way to get a higher limit by taking my scores into account, which are lower than mine?

Current Score: FICO EQ637-TU690-EX704
Wallet: Cap One Rew. $3500, Cap One Plat. $2000, Barclay $3000, Old Navy Visa $2500, HSBC $1500, Credit One $1800, BoA $3000, Chase Freedom $1500, Wal-Mart Discover $2000, Amazon $3100, Lowes $2000, Kay's $7000
Established Contributor
colindidit

Re: Wifes CC limit...

Only if you had applied as a joint credit card I believe
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Valued Contributor
madmann26

you would have to apply as a joint owner on the account.

Starting Score: EQ 511 TU 552 EX 545 8/29/2012
Current Score: TU 712|EQ 690|EXP 723 (FICO)
What's in my wallet? Cap1 PLAT AU $4.25k; Cap1 QS AU $2k; NFCU Siggy $45k; $5k WalMart MC; CFNA Firestone $1.8k; Amazon $3k; NFCU Cash Rewards $22K; AMEX BCE $21k; NavCheck $15k; Lowe's $10k; Citi DP $6.3k; AMEX ED $8.5k; Chase Freedom $4.5k
Goal Score: 700 across the board.
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
My Journey
Regular Contributor
KeithW

Can I be added as a joint owner if I wasn't? Or maybe I already am. Her scores are in the low 600s. Not sure how picky they are about this card.

Current Score: FICO EQ637-TU690-EX704
Wallet: Cap One Rew. $3500, Cap One Plat. $2000, Barclay $3000, Old Navy Visa $2500, HSBC $1500, Credit One $1800, BoA $3000, Chase Freedom $1500, Wal-Mart Discover $2000, Amazon $3100, Lowes $2000, Kay's $7000
Established Contributor
colindidit

I don't know if it's true but it may require a new application to do that
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Valued Contributor
FinStar

colindidit wrote:

+1

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

FinStar wrote:

colindidit wrote:

+1

Correct it would mean applying as a new app

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/13

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

KeithW wrote:

My wife recently got a Citi Diamond Preferred card and signed up with me as an authorized user. My understanding is that they do not take my credit history into account since I am simply an authorized user. Is there any way to get a higher limit by taking my scores into account, which are lower than mine?

99% sure Citi is one of the banks that got burned SO many times on Joint account tricks that they no longer offer joint accounts for the regular citi cards... Some of the furniture store or such cards "may" still offer joint options but not the Citi Diamond in this case.  Also in the past even when Joint, it did not help with CLI and such.

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Valued Contributor
ezdoesit

Creditaddict wrote:

KeithW wrote:

99% sure Citi is one of the banks that got burned SO many times on Joint account tricks that they no longer offer joint accounts for the regular citi cards... Some of the furniture store or such cards "may" still offer joint options but not the Citi Diamond in this case.  Also in the past even when Joint, it did not help with CLI and such.

What is the Joint Account Tricks?

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

In the past with many banks you could get a credit card with someone with good credit.... add a joint account holder (no pull was done) then wait about 3 months and request to remove a joint account holder... they would send a form and request to remove the user that originally opened the account and for many years and many banks they would remove a joint user again without pulling credit... so basically someone that wouldn't have even qualified for a $500 limit or may have been blacklisted from a bank was able to walk away with an account with maybe $10k+ credit line!

Chase started pulling credit of both users when an account was requested to unjoint but for much time you could still add a joint user with no pull but now they have stopped adding joint.

Citi stopped it all together... they had the largest loop hole that I knew... you could add and remove with no pulls of the added or during removal.

Nordstrom use to allow it... not sure anymore.

Discover currently allows adding joint but not sure about removing.

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}