Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifes new credit card Poll:::

tag
swpopham
Established Contributor

Wifes new credit card Poll:::

We were out holdiay shopping this weekend and my wife (alone ) went in to apple. For the life of me I cant figure out why. 1. she went in there and 2 why she apped for an apple card. They declined her at the register for the card. ONLY reason given by uw was no individual credit card trade line. All of our chase cards are joint and our nfcu cards are joint 50/50 ownership. her fico eq as of today is 735 22% reported utlization. Her problem is the PD card, select card and ink + do not report on her credit. On her reports is 32 accounts 10 open 22 closed. No baddies, she has nfcu 15k (4k statement cut) and nfcu 25k (800 statement cut) chase csp 25k (2500 statement cut)reporting, her student loan is reporting 411 dollar balance that has been paid off for 2 months. No open autos all show paid off, house 5 years history 83k balance, 4-wheeler 19k balance. never late.

eq 735- aaoa 4.6 years

income reported 67k

3 inquires on eq none on tu (24 on ex)

Im thinking of apping for either:

citi ty premier

city h honors reserve card.

any other ideas? no amex looking for a good high limit for her. Pen fed hates sara for some reason. dont need another chase card, and dont need another nfcu

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Wifes new credit card Poll:::

Barclays is very open to Recon,  If I were in her shoes, I would recon, already wasted the HP right?

Maybe she was thinking of getting you an iPad mini for Christmas!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 13
swpopham
Established Contributor

I dont want barclays! we are to "active " for them, besides the eq inquiry will be gone in 26 days ;-)

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 3 of 13
swpopham
Established Contributor

oh and btw that was the recon phone call they said she had no indvidual tradelines reporting and they would not count joint accounts. because according to them she did not get them on her own! a-holes

Message 4 of 13
djrez4
Established Contributor

I think there's still a 40k ThankYou Preferred offer out there.  Better bonus than the Premier, but not as good on the redemption side.

Barclays should go suck a lemon for that one.  If she was an AU on those accounts, I get it.  But joint?  Complete and utter BS,

Message 5 of 13
swpopham
Established Contributor

No kidding, the palladium card was her and she added me as a joint owner. The select card was mine and i added her as owner. Csp was hers and added me. Nfcu we apped jointly on both. Webhopper i hate apple! She was shopping for herself lol selfish women i sware lol

Message 6 of 13
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

My wife really likes her thank you premier. The domestic companion ticket has offset the AF the last two years. I know others complain about it, but we use it to get to telluride each year, which used to be cheap from Texas, but is absurdly expensive from denver. She redeems her points for travel on airlines we don't have status or points on. The emv chip was nice when we were in Italy last year. She got a targeted sign up bonus as a dividend card holder, bonus even without the bonus it is a good long term card for her. 

I think the hhonors is worth it just for gold, the weekend stay and emv, but Amex likes me, while citi doesn't, so I have the Amex surpass. Given a choice, though, I'd take the citi over the Hilton, then downgrade Hilton to the no AF Amex just for the axon redemptions.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 7 of 13
swpopham
Established Contributor

What about the hated boa?

Message 8 of 13
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Discover with $200 sign up bonus + 10 % online shopping + shop discover.. It's ton of saving for a new apple product there.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 9 of 13
djrez4
Established Contributor

Whatever card you end up with, buy yourself a BlendTec.  Then, when she gets home with her new toy, you can play with yours:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAl28d6tbko

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.