Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will AMEX back date?

tag
mommyof4
Valued Member

Will AMEX back date?

So I received my new Zync card yesterday, but what I seem to be puzzled by is that the member since says 10;(which is cool), but when I log on to their site it says member since 04. I was a AU back in 04 on someone else's account. So here is my question.

Will my credit report reflect the date that's being reported on the AMEX  site or what's on the card?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
mross1080
Established Contributor

Re: Will AMEX back date?

If its shows 04 on your member date on there site thats what should be reported. If you want call them and they will send your out a new card with a member date of 04.

Message 2 of 16
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

I think mross is right, but I would still call just to make sure.

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

It's what's on the site.

Like other CCC's, they just send out requests for new CC's to a credit card printer, which automatically puts the current year on cards, unless for some reason AmEx requested the earlier year.

I have a Blue, and because it's mostly transparent, it doesn't show a date at all. Smiley Very Happy But the slightly-earlier issue year is on the website and on my reports.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 16
asanch12
Contributor

i received my card a few weeks back and when i logged on i saw that they had backdated my account.  i called the next day and received a new card a few days later that read "member since 00".

Starting Score: 665
Current Score: 688
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 16
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

DW's Zync was backdated to 2001 because she was an AU on two of my Amex CCs. They sent the card out with a 2010 member date, and after we called up they reissued it for 2001.

My guess is that they will do the same for you.

One Note: The front-line reps can't order the new card themselves. They have to call up another department while you wait on hold.

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know if they back date even if you apply for something other than you already have/had? I have a green with a long credit history reporting but I would like to change to the Starwoods card. I tried to product change and they told me I had to apply for the SPG if I want it. I would like to apply for it and cancel the green but I do not want to do it unless it back dates on my credit report. I am not willing to sacrifice the long history on my CR for a different card. Has anyone ever done this and know for a fact that it can be done?

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

don't apply now... just wait till january! 2 more weeks or so.

Message 8 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know if they back date even if you apply for something other than you already have/had? I have a green with a long credit history reporting but I would like to change to the Starwoods card. I tried to product change and they told me I had to apply for the SPG if I want it. I would like to apply for it and cancel the green but I do not want to do it unless it back dates on my credit report. I am not willing to sacrifice the long history on my CR for a different card. Has anyone ever done this and know for a fact that it can be done?

Yes, they backdate according to when you "became a member", not according to card type.

And slugfan is correct; wait until January. You'll get an extra 11 months of history by waiting for two weeks. Smiley Wink

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, they backdate according to when you "became a member", not according to card type.

And slugfan is correct; wait until January. You'll get an extra 11 months of history by waiting for two weeks. Smiley Wink

Maybe I have had one too many drinks today but could you explain how that would work. How do you get 11 extra months of history by waiting two weeks?

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.