cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will AMEX issue card if you have baddies?

tag
kamila7
Contributor

Will AMEX issue card if you have baddies?

I would like to get an AMEX, my baddies are from 4-5 years ago, and most of them paid, others in dispute as I type.  My score is 630 EX, 620 EQ, and 660 Tu.  Was wandering if anyone knew the "easiest" card to get from AMEX...I have heard a lot of great things about them.  Oh I have looked on whogavemecredit.com, but most of those apps were for Blue card which I know is one of their "better" cards...any info?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will AMEX issue card if you have baddies?

I've been with AMEX for 4 years this month, i started with the Blue for students card when i was actually a student, but recently i upgraded to the BLue card which i like. I've never had any problems with them and i still have the student card even though i graduated in 2005.

I think their standard are pretty tough if you are a student try getting your foot in the door with a student card.

If not Blue might be your best choice, my EX score was 633 last month and i got approved for the blue card although i've had a perfect record with them for the past 4 years.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The easiest Amex cards to get are the Green charge card and the Gold Delta Skymiles credit card.  Your EX score of 630 may be just enough, especially if all of your baddies are paid and 4-5 years old.  They do not like recent baddies, and they do blacklist for BK and also for prior bad Amex accounts.

I was approved for Gold Delta Skymiles with an EX score only slightly higher than yours and a 6.5 year-old unpaid collection.

Good luck and let us know!

Message 3 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@kamila7 wrote:
I would like to get an AMEX, my baddies are from 4-5 years ago, and most of them paid, others in dispute as I type. My score is 630 EX, 620 EQ, and 660 Tu. Was wandering if anyone knew the "easiest" card to get from AMEX...I have heard a lot of great things about them. Oh I have looked on whogavemecredit.com, but most of those apps were for Blue card which I know is one of their "better" cards...any info?

How bad were your baddies? Lates are one thing; charge-offs and BK's are different.

I got a gold charge card from them with a mess of lates, including one two-year-old 90-day and one one-year-old 30-day. (Last one ever for the rest of my life!) At the time, my EX was 675. They had sent a pre-approval letter for the green, and I traded up to the gold.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 7
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

cheddar wrote:
The easiest Amex cards to get are the Green charge card and the Gold Delta Skymiles credit card.  Your EX score of 630 may be just enough, especially if all of your baddies are paid and 4-5 years old.  They do not like recent baddies, and they do blacklist for BK and also for prior bad Amex accounts.

I was approved for Gold Delta Skymiles with an EX score only slightly higher than yours and a 6.5 year-old unpaid collection.

Cheddar, I applied for the clear and was denied... do you think I have a chance for the green? My last lates will be one yr this july..
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The clear- is tougher the get-

If your UTL is low- you should be able to get Delta or Green.

scramblingin2007 wrote:

cheddar wrote:

Cheddar, I applied for the clear and was denied... do you think I have a chance for the green? My last lates will be one yr this july..

Message Edited by Timothy on 04-06-2008 07:58 AM
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

i rcvd a dleta plat w/4 old paid collections on ex, 3 on eq and 8 on tu. of course now that i have only have 1 on ex they "adjusted" my limit from 4k to 500.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.