cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will AMEX slash my limit or close my card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will AMEX slash my limit or close my card?

Hello all, I applied for the AMEX everyday card in August of this year. I was approved for a $4,000 limit and recently increased that to $10,500 via the 61 day CLI thing. I used it pretty regularly and paid in full every month. However, due to me PCing my BofA cash rewards to the better balance rewards (since they wouldn't let me have both), i applied for the AMEX blue cash everyday sometime mid october and was approved for $6,500.

basically, i have no more use for the Everyday and am only using my BCE (and freedom/sapphire) since at the time being, the cash back at the pump helps me more than membership reward points. I want to move over my Everyday limit to my BCE when my accounts are elegible to do that. however, this will be in about 10 months or so. Will american express close my Everyday account or cut my limit due to 10 months of inactivity? if so, i'd just carry it around with me and make one purchase a month. That just makes it harder to keep track of payments so i'd rather just keep it unused. anyways, any bits of info would help :]

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will AMEX slash my limit or close my card?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all, I applied for the AMEX everyday card in August of this year. I was approved for a $4,000 limit and recently increased that to $10,500 via the 61 day CLI thing. I used it pretty regularly and paid in full every month. However, due to me PCing my BofA cash rewards to the better balance rewards (since they wouldn't let me have both), i applied for the AMEX blue cash everyday sometime mid october and was approved for $6,500.

basically, i have no more use for the Everyday and am only using my BCE (and freedom/sapphire) since at the time being, the cash back at the pump helps me more than membership reward points. I want to move over my Everyday limit to my BCE when my accounts are elegible to do that. however, this will be in about 10 months or so. Will american express close my Everyday account or cut my limit due to 10 months of inactivity? if so, i'd just carry it around with me and make one purchase a month. That just makes it harder to keep track of payments so i'd rather just keep it unused. anyways, any bits of info would help :]

Can you put a small monthly bill on it and set it up for Autopay?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you put a small monthly bill on it and set it up for Autopay?

yeah i can set up an auto pay. i already have one on my better balance card to keep that one reporting abalance every month. just have to find something to put on it haha

Message 3 of 8
Chris679
Established Contributor

I have gone over one year on my BCE without use multiple times without an issue.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chris679 wrote:
I have gone over one year on my BCE without use multiple times without an issue.

thanks for letting me know :]

Message 5 of 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Chris679 wrote:

Yes, me too.  Amex doesn't seem to close cards for non-use, maybe their once a member, always a member stuff!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Chris679 wrote:

Yes, me too.  Amex doesn't seem to close cards for non-use, maybe their once a member, always a member stuff!

^ Hope that is the case as I just became a member. = ]

Message 7 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Will american express close my Everyday account or cut my limit due to 10 months of inactivity?

We can't say for certain.  I'd guess it to be unlikely.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.