Established Contributor
Susyquk

Re: Will Alliant Credit Union Accept My Application or Should I Wait?

dfgdfgdfgadfg wrote:
I have to have a credit card though before I go to Europe. I cant just take cash with me and hope I do not run out.

Load up a prepaid credit card and take it with you, if you need to add more then you can do so from your checking account online. In fact when I travelled all I took with me was an Amex travel card which when I got to each country I would load with the appropriate currency so that I wasn't having to pay international fees or exchange fees more than once for each place I was.  I think overall just on charges I saved about $500

Valued Contributor
athensguy

Re: Will Alliant Credit Union Accept My Application or Should I Wait?

Schwab has a 0% FETF, so if the places you go take Visa, it will be one of the better cards to have. Capital One cards also have 0% FETF.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+