cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Amex backdate to the first AU card if you have had two AU cards?

tag
isilon01
Valued Member

Will Amex backdate to the first AU card if you have had two AU cards?

I have a question for the Amex backdating experts.  In 1996, I was an AU of my parents' Amex card.  The account has since been paid in full and closed by my parents a long time ago.  In 2010, I got added as an AU to my wife's account, which is still active (I was rebuilding my credit at that time).  Recent EX report shows both accounts (and shows as AU in both cases).  Can I ask Amex to backdate my new BCE to 1996?  That would help my AAoA quite a bit.  I'm planning to call Amex tomorrow and am currently doing my homework before I call.

Chase Sapphire Preferred: 33k | Chase MP Exp: 25k | Barclay WM: 15k | Discover: 14k | Citi TYP: 15k | Cap1 QS: 6k | WellsFargo: 7k | Amex BCE: 20k | Amex Platinum: NPSL

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

Re: Will Amex backdate to the first AU card if you have had two AU cards?

Its worth a try. Just remember to say you want to have your 'member since" date changed to match when you first became a member. Don't use the word backdate, the CSR won't know what you mean.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 2 of 5
isilon01
Valued Member

Thanks, OhioCPA!  I'll keep you updated.

Chase Sapphire Preferred: 33k | Chase MP Exp: 25k | Barclay WM: 15k | Discover: 14k | Citi TYP: 15k | Cap1 QS: 6k | WellsFargo: 7k | Amex BCE: 20k | Amex Platinum: NPSL

Message 3 of 5
isilon01
Valued Member

Quick update:

Called the customer service # on the back of my card and spoke with a CSR.  Unfortunately they will only backdate it to 2010, which is definitely better than 2013. Smiley Happy

I'm going to call them again a couple of days later and ask again to see if they'd be willing to go back to 1996 at that time.

Message 4 of 5
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

If you still have the old account number you can try calling the Amex credit reporting unit. With the prior account number they should be able to confirm that you were indeed a member in 1996.

Good luck.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.