cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Amex everyday preferred match my other Amex?

tag
mccallb
Frequent Contributor

Will Amex everyday preferred match my other Amex?

Hey all I have a 8000 balance I want to do a bt to somewhere. I just got a prequal offer for Amex everyday and I already have a bce with a 25k limit. That would be ideal but will Amex match that limit?

I can't do another chase as I have ink plus and csp and way more than 5/24. I worry discover won't be high enough, citi too.

Any thoughts?

CK EQ: 730 / CK TU: 735 / EXP FICO: 721 / EX Vantage: 793 / Total Exposure: 112K
10 REPLIES 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Will Amex everyday preferred match my other Amex?

Highly doubt they would match or approve you for 25k lmit instantly for a second card..  With that said if your other AMEX is 13 monhs old you can transfer some of that CL to your EDP card and accomplish the limit you want by that method.. 

With you current expose with them I would venture around a 5k initial CL, but quite honestly it could be anything and no one here could even give a wild guess like I just did

edit: as below posted stated a CU might be alot better choice although it would be very doubtful any would start you with a 25k limit either initially unless your income and profile supports it.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should do Penfed or NavyFed

Message 3 of 11
mccallb
Frequent Contributor

I have never had any dealing with pen fed and I guess I need a regular account with them first?

CK EQ: 730 / CK TU: 735 / EXP FICO: 721 / EX Vantage: 793 / Total Exposure: 112K
Message 4 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@mccallb wrote:
I have never had any dealing with pen fed and I guess I need a regular account with them first?

Have to open a savings account first by donating I believe 15 dollars to make you eligible.  Have a min of 5 dollars in savings.  This would be a HP against EQ.  Once membership is established you can apply for any credit products with that same EQ HP you used for membership for 90 days.  Good CU 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

There's a whole 160+ page thread on it, check it out.  Many people getting awesome CL

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Pentagon-Federal-Credit-Union-Data-Share/td...

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi is really good with balance transfers. Give their simplicity card a shot. Do you have a current or past good or bad relationship with them? I see them giving you what you need.
Message 7 of 11
mccallb
Frequent Contributor

the main concern i have with citi is the SL, because I need at least 20K. My bT is 8k and i dont want to be using 80% of my usage on some dinky 10k card

Message 8 of 11
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@mccallb wrote:
Hey all I have a 8000 balance I want to do a bt to somewhere. I just got a prequal offer for Amex everyday and I already have a bce with a 25k limit. That would be ideal but will Amex match that limit?

I can't do another chase as I have ink plus and csp and way more than 5/24. I worry discover won't be high enough, citi too.

Any thoughts?

Citi is definitely not the lender to run to if you want a high limit out of the gate, neither is Discover. Your best bet is probably a credit union if you really want a new card.

Amex will not probably not approve a new account with another 25k. In fact, it's unlikely. You already have 25k exposure with them. It's doubtful they will double that exposure in one foul swoop.

Message 9 of 11
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You should do Penfed or NavyFed

I like this option, as far as rates are concerned, combined with your scores.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.